4 replies to this topic

#1 Lisaes

Lisaes

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 03:27 PM

Greetings, all!!!!
We saw an episode yesterday of Monk on cable from Columbus, Ohio. I don't recall the episode's
title, but in the opening credits was the name "John Doe". It was about an aging rock star whose band was playing in a night club. The fireworks started the ceiling on fire and killed several people. I think that "John Doe" was actually Alice Cooper and my daughter and her husband say it wasn't. (What do they know, they're just kids!! :lol: ) Can anyone clear this up for us?

Thanks in advance,

Lisa

#2 mjwannabe

mjwannabe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 04:28 PM

Greetings, all!!!!
We saw an episode yesterday of Monk on cable from Columbus, Ohio. I don't recall the episode's
title, but in the opening credits was the name "John Doe". It was about an aging rock star whose band was playing in a night club. The fireworks started the ceiling on fire and killed several people. I think that "John Doe" was actually Alice Cooper and my daughter and her husband say it wasn't. (What do they know, they're just kids!! :lol: ) Can anyone clear this up for us?

Thanks in advance,

Lisa

Alice Cooper guest starred in an episode titled "Mr. Monk and the Garbage Strike", but I do not recall an episode about an aging rock star. Anyone else?
The Whacked Out High Priestess of STOOPID (and part-time stupidity spiritual guide)

#3 Teresa1643

Teresa1643

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 04:28 PM

Greetings, all!!!!

Thanks in advance,

Lisa

That wasn't Monk. That was a 2003 episode of Law and Order, entitled Blaze, that aired on TNT yesterday. The actor who played the rock star on trial does go by the stage name of John Doe and he's not Alice Cooper. Alice did guest star on the season five episode "Mr. Monk and the Garbage Strike". He was hilarious.

I hope you didn't make a bet on this.
<i> I can't debate you if you talk gibberish that sounds kind of like something a chimney sweep from Mary Poppins would say.</i>

#4 Bubba_Bridges

Bubba_Bridges

"Executive Assistant"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,456 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 05:19 PM

Hi Bubba here, ...

That wasn't Monk. That was a 2003 episode of Law and Order, entitled Blaze, that aired on TNT yesterday. The actor who played the rock star on trial does go by the stage name of John Doe and he's not Alice Cooper. Alice did guest star on the season five episode "Mr. Monk and the Garbage Strike". He was hilarious.

I hope you didn't make a bet on this.

I saw that episode yesterday too.

My Website: Monk Information Page (Bridges to Monk) My Favorite Radio Station: Smooth Jazz 98.9

"Forum Resident" and "Forum Watchdog"

#5 meganarose

meganarose

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 05:54 PM

YES, Alice Cooper was in fact on the episode of Law & Order "Blaze". Though he did just a brief cameo right when Brisco and Green started going around and doing interviews. He was on for less than a minute in an apartment or something. He was not the one on trial. So, you were not seeing things....He was on L&O. Just not the character you thought.

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved