• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 annacb

annacb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 03:03 PM

Who was the actress that played Sharona and where is she today?

#2 szynek

szynek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 03:14 PM

Sharona was played by Bitty Schram. What about where she is now... If you are asking about Sharona - she is with her husband in New Jersey (she came back to him), if you are asking about Bitty - I have no idea.

Edited by szynek, 01 January 2008 - 03:15 PM.

#3 freedom

freedom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 05:02 PM

Information about the actress Bitty Schram can be found at the following link: http://en.wikipedia....ki/Bitty_Schram
I wish she were still playing Monk's assistant!

#4 annacb

annacb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 06:23 PM

Who was the actress that played Sharona and where is she today?

Thanks.

#5 mjamison

mjamison

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 06:24 PM

Watching New Year's Day Monk Marathon. Really enjoying the episodes with Sharona. Wish Sharona was an assistant for the 2008 season.

Monk if you are reading our messages. Consider bring Sharona back

Edited by mjamison, 01 January 2008 - 06:25 PM.

#6 Bubba_Bridges

Bubba_Bridges

"Executive Assistant"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,456 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 06:28 PM

Hi Bubba here, although I would like to see her back too, I really think it's ...

Posted Image

My Website: Monk Information Page (Bridges to Monk) My Favorite Radio Station: Smooth Jazz 98.9

"Forum Resident" and "Forum Watchdog"

#7 kees_lady

kees_lady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,300 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 12:59 PM

I would, at some point, like to see Natalie called off on an emergency or take a vacation and Adrian call Sharona to come fill in for an episode. Since she left the show on her terms I doubt even the PTB could make that happen. She'd be one heck of a guest star for an episode though and she'd definitely have to bring Bengy along. It just wouldn't seem right if she didn't.

Sticks and Stones, Cross skulls and Bones,
None of You can Hurt me.

Cartoons and pictures, Words said in Whispers
The Ramblings of Sick Purple People Eaters.

The best place for you is a place called Bellevue
Where the doctors can try to fix you.

Psychotic drugs, electric shock plugs
Are the best cures for whatever ails you.

When all's said and done and your gray matter's dung
You won't have a brain left between you.

#8 crazychrismonker

crazychrismonker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 01:49 PM

My personal thought process would be that she gave her contact information to Dr. Kroger--and only Dr. Kroger, and with the explicit instructions he not divulge it to Monk except in a life or death emergency--just in the event Monk would be in a genuinely dire predicament (as opposed to just plain dire ones he faces every day) that would specifically require her capablities, a move that if so would also serve to minimize any guilt she may have felt over just leaving him to his own defenses for a while. For all we know, thus Dr. Kroger may have had her on call for a while following the events of Mrs. Monk, just in case Monk didn't pull out of it, and let her know that he turned out all rigt in the end and he wouldn't need her.

#9 snaggy

snaggy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 08:12 PM

i'm glad the marathon is on and featuring episodes with sharona. i prefer her to natalie any day - she's spunky, quirky and real. i've adjusted to natalie, she's not all bad, but sharona is unique. i missed her final episode. why did she leave the show? was she let go? how was she written off? thanks. :)

#10 surdidymus

surdidymus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 09:59 PM

Ok, I just have to add my two cents in. I signed up for the boards especially for this. PLEASE BRING BACK SHARONA! I have tried giving Natalie a chance, but she is just not Sharona.

Sharona is spunky and works well with Monk's phobia's and issues.... to me Natalie just seems like a bully. :(

What can we do to get Sharona back? :rolleyes:

#11 Bubba_Bridges

Bubba_Bridges

"Executive Assistant"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,456 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 11:36 PM

Hi Bubba here, ...

Ok, I just have to add my two cents in. I signed up for the boards especially for this. PLEASE BRING BACK SHARONA! I have tried giving Natalie a chance, but she is just not Sharona.

Sharona is spunky and works well with Monk's phobia's and issues.... to me Natalie just seems like a bully. :(

surdidymus - Bitty wanted to leave the show. I don't see her coming back.

snaggy - She felt like she was underpaid and wanted out. Her character left to remarry her ex-husband and went to live in Jersey. You might want to catch the episode, Mr. Monk and the Red Herring.

My Website: Monk Information Page (Bridges to Monk) My Favorite Radio Station: Smooth Jazz 98.9

"Forum Resident" and "Forum Watchdog"

#12 JOSE1989

JOSE1989

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 12:03 AM

i think so too

My personal thought process would be that she gave her contact information to Dr. Kroger--and only Dr. Kroger, and with the explicit instructions he not divulge it to Monk except in a life or death emergency--just in the event Monk would be in a genuinely dire predicament (as opposed to just plain dire ones he faces every day) that would specifically require her capablities, a move that if so would also serve to minimize any guilt she may have felt over just leaving him to his own defenses for a while. For all we know, thus Dr. Kroger may have had her on call for a while following the events of Mrs. Monk, just in case Monk didn't pull out of it, and let her know that he turned out all rigt in the end and he wouldn't need her.

#13 sierrasprings

sierrasprings

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 12:03 AM

Sharona was a cool character I will agree. I miss her too, but I don't see why people don't like Nat as much. I think there just 2 different actors that give each there own performance. I don't think we should say Nat sucks or anything (which I think she doesn't at all)

#14 monksuxwithnatalie

monksuxwithnatalie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 02:50 AM

I have to weigh in...after watching the 'sharona' episodes on new years (thank goodness for TIVO!) I just have to say, the show is a complete bore without Sharona.  I laughed out loud several times during each episode...something that I never do with the new episodes.  I still watch, but just for the 'mystery' and the solving of it, I get about the same level of entertainment from old Murder She Wrote or Matlock episodes.  The show seems to still be successful...so I guess the majority of viewers don't miss the Sharona character as much as some of us do, but the Natalie character just has no spark.  Of all the other Monk fans I personally know, every one of them complains about the Natalie character.

I know there is no chance she will come back permanently...but I agree with some of the other posts...surely Natalie needs a vacation at some point...and surely they could talk Bitty into coming back for an episode or two.

PS..I'm not attacking Traylor Howard as an actress, she's just not as good a comedic foil as Bitty was for the Monk character.

#15 imsvu23

imsvu23

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 01:01 AM

I would, at some point, like to see Natalie called off on an emergency or take a vacation and Adrian call Sharona to come fill in for an episode. Since she left the show on her terms I doubt even the PTB could make that happen. She'd be one heck of a guest star for an episode though and she'd definitely have to bring Bengy along. It just wouldn't seem right if she didn't.

awww omg i forgot about Benjy!!! awww now i miss them both! shoot forget natalie and..whats her name, Julie! lol
Posted Image

#16 Beholder

Beholder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,696 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 02:45 AM

Personally, I like Natalie a BUNCH better than Sharona.

B

#17 tapdancer

tapdancer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 05:59 AM

I like Sharona so much better than Natalie. Like someone said before, Sharona was funny; Natalie just has no spark. And there's some things I simply don't understand about the character of Natalie, namely, the way she has changed since the beginning of Season 5: For one, they completely changed her style - before, she wore mainly casual clothes, jeans, sweatshirt etc. - suddenly it was all very elegant, tight-fitting skirts, high heels, loads of makeup etc. (not counting the episodes where the actress was pregnant). Aren't clothes a medium to help define a fictional character, like with Sharona, and also Monk? So what was that change about?

Moreover, Natalie started out as having little money, I remember there was one episode she was totally broke (when they chased after the stolen jewel). And she wouldn't take money from her parents, which was a good way to define the character. But in some Season 5 episode, she takes money from her father's wallet and indicates that she used to do this all the time when she was younger ?!? And I think she was also able to afford a new car in some episode. Has there ever been an explanation for this?
Because this has nothing to do with character development, it's simply inconsistent.

#18 kees_lady

kees_lady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,300 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 12:54 PM

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Natalie get the new car when Buick took over the advertising on MONK last season to promote their Buick Lucerne putting the cast all into Buick's?

Sticks and Stones, Cross skulls and Bones,
None of You can Hurt me.

Cartoons and pictures, Words said in Whispers
The Ramblings of Sick Purple People Eaters.

The best place for you is a place called Bellevue
Where the doctors can try to fix you.

Psychotic drugs, electric shock plugs
Are the best cures for whatever ails you.

When all's said and done and your gray matter's dung
You won't have a brain left between you.

#19 noisynobody22

noisynobody22

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 11:34 PM

*Noisy pokes her head in the thread, sees all the "BRING BACK SHARONA" themed posts and leaves again, shaking her head* <_< :rolleyes:

#20 JoshiesMom

JoshiesMom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 10:10 PM

My thoughts exactly!!! We have to get her back. Let's find out who we can obsessively annoy about this and keep writing them very neatly written letters lol. Sharona is the BEST!

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved