• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Seadeep

Seadeep

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 12:10 AM

Hey All, I'm Seadeep, a new member of this forum. Having never watched NCIS, though I will be, I'd be most grateful if someone would tell me what the initials NCIS stand for? It's driving me batty -- National Crime Investigation Service? National Counterterrorism Information Service? These are my only guesses...
Accurate info would be much appreciated.

#2 compassrose

compassrose

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 01:46 AM

Hey Seadeep,

NCIS stands for Naval Criminal Investigative Service (originally known as N.I.S.) and is a civilian ran law enforcement agency that deals with any and all crimes conserning the navy, marines, and their families. They are also in charge of counterterrorism, crimes commited on ship (known as an 'agent afloat') or in any country where military personale are stationed.

Edited by compassrose, 31 December 2007 - 01:47 AM.

#3 Bubba_Bridges

Bubba_Bridges

"Executive Assistant"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,456 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 03:50 AM

Hi Bubba here, ...

Hey All, I'm Seadeep, a new member of this forum. Having never watched NCIS, though I will be, I'd be most grateful if someone would tell me what the initials NCIS stand for? It's driving me batty -- National Crime Investigation Service? National Counterterrorism Information Service? These are my only guesses...
Accurate info would be much appreciated.

Welcome to the forum. I have never watched a full episode either. Thanks to USA, maybe I can now.

Hey Seadeep,

NCIS stands for Naval Criminal Investigative Service (originally known as N.I.S.) and is a civilian ran law enforcement agency that deals with any and all crimes conserning the navy, marines, and their families. They are also in charge of counterterrorism, crimes commited on ship (known as an 'agent afloat') or in any country where military personale are stationed.

I didn't know that. Thanks compassrose and welcome to the forum also.

Edited by Bubba_Bridges, 31 December 2007 - 03:51 AM.

My Website: Monk Information Page (Bridges to Monk) My Favorite Radio Station: Smooth Jazz 98.9

"Forum Resident" and "Forum Watchdog"

#4 purplerain0405

purplerain0405

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,938 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 11:38 PM

Naval Criminal Investigative Service.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
-Elbert Hubbard

Posted Image
Saw Wicked:
Broadway in New York 3-25-10
P.A.C in Tulsa, Okla. 11-26-10

#5 Reiterin

Reiterin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,704 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 02:24 PM

This thread question was answered over 2 years ago. I don't know why we had to re-open it. Oh that's right, because we've been spammed by idiots.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#6 purplerain0405

purplerain0405

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,938 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 04:25 PM

This thread question was answered over 2 years ago. I don't know why we had to re-open it. Oh that's right, because we've been spammed by idiots.

I know right.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
-Elbert Hubbard

Posted Image
Saw Wicked:
Broadway in New York 3-25-10
P.A.C in Tulsa, Okla. 11-26-10

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved