• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 pinkpjs

pinkpjs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 03:45 PM

So I bought People Magazine's Sexiest Man issue.

Can you believe they actually had a "Sexiest Scars" category???

I thought Mr. Donovan was a lock for this.

Nope.

Sucks.

Who's choosing these men?

I'm not arguring the fact that most of the winners are attractive in their own right, but I'm really getting tired of seeing the same boring faces every time.

#2 Bubba_Bridges

Bubba_Bridges

"Executive Assistant"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,456 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 07:50 PM

Hi Bubba here, I would thought with all the ladies here, he would win it. ;)

My Website: Monk Information Page (Bridges to Monk) My Favorite Radio Station: Smooth Jazz 98.9

"Forum Resident" and "Forum Watchdog"

#3 ladeeDi

ladeeDi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 09:01 PM

You've got to be f@#$%^& kidding me! Micha-oops I mean Jeff is far sexier than matt damon never mind whoever won for sexiet scars-by the way who did win for that? <_<

#4 ladeeDi

ladeeDi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 09:05 PM

oops that previous post may or may not have made sense-sorry havin some birthday cocktails here :blink:

#5 JennaV

JennaV

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,682 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 09:34 PM

Posted Image ooooooo, ladeeDi...having a wee bit of a party???? Love it!! Continue to enjoy your BD!!!

I'm miffed, too...well, more than miffed, actually, about JD not not making the issue AT ALL...not even the Sexy at Every Age page of microscopic pics. Granted, there are some nice, nice! hot guy pics in this issue, but if your last name is Clooney, Pitt, or McConaughey...geez, enough already!!! How could TPTB at People not take hot burning notice of JD after this summer?????

Edited by JennaV, 17 November 2007 - 10:14 PM.

#6 NatashaFatale

NatashaFatale

Ghost in the Machine

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 10:21 PM

i also flipped through the mag in hopes of spying JD in there -- darn them! they missed the boat on this one. JD had the hottest hit show this summer AND he should have been on the sexy scars list (which went to: Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, Jeffrey Dean Morgan, Sean Avery, and JD's ol Touching Evil co-star Bradley Cooper). I'm going on their site & sending a very firmly worded letter to the editor right NOW.

713siggysmuse.png

#7 pinkpjs

pinkpjs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 10:30 PM

LOL I sent People an email right after I posted here. Maybe NOW they'll notice. *G*

#8 FruityNut

FruityNut

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 11:35 PM

I still love Burn Notice but since it's on break until next summer, my obessive compulsive personality has led me elsewhere lately. Because of that, I joined another board for another show. And funnily enough, on that other board, they are lamenting the fact the main guy is not in the People's Sexiest Man Alive issue at all!

It is odd that neither man is in the issue. How do those powers that be in charge of People figure who they'll put in and why? I have yet seen the issue, but I'm sure I'll end up shaking my head in the end.
Peace Love and Cheese

"I'm amazing. I'm Batman."

#9 LuLuNY

LuLuNY

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,414 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 02:39 AM

I still love Burn Notice but since it's on break until next summer, my obessive compulsive personality has led me elsewhere lately. Because of that, I joined another board for another show. And funnily enough, on that other board, they are lamenting the fact the main guy is not in the People's Sexiest Man Alive issue at all!

It is odd that neither man is in the issue. How do those powers that be in charge of People figure who they'll put in and why? I have yet seen the issue, but I'm sure I'll end up shaking my head in the end.

I didn't read the Sexiest Man Alive issue. But I don't agree with putting Matt Damon on the cover. He's cute but not smokin' hot. As for having Jeffrey in the magazine. I know he'd prefer NOT to be in it as he likes flying under the radar and since Burn Notice is off right now he gets to do just that, outsides of the movies he's currently doing. They also have a Cosmo Men's Sexiest Bachelors as well. That goes to every possible category, Entertainment, music and sports.

#10 pinkpjs

pinkpjs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 06:41 PM

I didn't read the Sexiest Man Alive issue. But I don't agree with putting Matt Damon on the cover. He's cute but not smokin' hot. As for having Jeffrey in the magazine. I know he'd prefer NOT to be in it as he likes flying under the radar and since Burn Notice is off right now he gets to do just that, outsides of the movies he's currently doing. They also have a Cosmo Men's Sexiest Bachelors as well. That goes to every possible category, Entertainment, music and sports.

Well, despite what some may want us to think, there's not a man alive who wouldn't be flattered to be featured, although I seriously doubt Mr. Donovan laid awake at night hoping to be chosen.

I daresay none of us know him well enough to really "know" how he feels about the whole thing. It's basically a "joke" award, obviously. I know George Clooney and Brad Pitt joked that Matt had been lobbying for the title for years.
I think we should lobby for Mr. Donovan at least getting a mention next year. *G*

#11 spiritkittykat

spiritkittykat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 08:01 PM

I bought the magazine of the OFF chance that Jeffrey would be in it. Nope. Then when I flipped to the Sexiest Scars section I was like "Oh Jeff HAS to be in here"...nope. Although Bradley Cooper is tasty to look at and was in Touching Evil with Jeff, it's just not Jeff. Oh, they should have put them both together and then had a little Touching Evil double scar thing going on.

:)

#12 JennaV

JennaV

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,682 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 09:24 PM

Although Bradley Cooper is tasty to look at and was in Touching Evil with Jeff, it's just not Jeff. Oh, they should have put them both together and then had a little Touching Evil double scar thing going on.

Sweet idea!! Side by side pics of JD & BC could have totally worked. Instead, we're looking at the Can't Believe it's Not Butter ad where JD's face could've gone. Better yet, an eight-page spread and cover photo. Awwwwww *heavy heavy sigh*...he would have made a lovely cover... Posted Image

#13 LuLuNY

LuLuNY

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,414 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 10:52 PM

Sweet idea!! Side by side pics of JD & BC could have totally worked. Instead, we're looking at the Can't Believe it's Not Butter ad where JD's face could've gone. Better yet, an eight-page spread and cover photo. Awwwwww *heavy heavy sigh*...he would have made a lovely cover... Posted Image

I personally would love to see him on the cover of Men's Vogue or GQ or what used to be the Men's Bible in NY, DETAILS or PAPER Magaine, (now defunct magazines) Ok, so if my favorite Tennis player Roger Federer can shoot a cover shot for Men's Vogue , so can Jeffrey.

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved