6 replies to this topic

#1 NatashaFatale

NatashaFatale

Ghost in the Machine

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 11:42 PM

This is cool even though it happened over a month ago. I figure that JD hopes to bring attention to the charities he supports, so I thought I would post it here.

'The 3500 mile, nine day transcontinental adventure, known as the Insurance Office of America Fireball Run Transcontinental Road Rally took place Sept.29-Oct.6th, 2007. The Fireball Run was a live action "game" with America as the game board. While the 65+ rally teams had fun & shared an incredible experience with the other competitors, the real goal was to help find America's children. Called "The Race to Recover America's Missing," every team made the journey assigned with a different missing child whose image & stats were affixed to the vehicle - creating a "rolling milk carton." The mission: distribute as many posters as possible along the 3500 journey from Orlando Florida to Los Angeles California. Each team also selected a personal charity to receive a percentage of the proceeds from the event.'

'The 2007 Fireball Run was the most successfull first year amatuer open road rally in history. Car number 29, and the overall winning team, was 2004 Dodge Viper with team members Artie Malesci (James Bond, Miami Vice) - Florida, Jeffrey Donovan (Burn Notice, Crossing Jordan) - California and Rich Minga (Star Trek, Duke of Hazzard) - San Diego. '

Jeffrey, of course, an actor on Burn Notice, and Rich has been a stuntman for some episodes of Burn Notice, and Artie is the stunt coordinator for Burn Notice.

See more at the Fireball Run website and support the Child Rescue Network here.

Posted Image

Some more shots of the Viper car at the start here and here.

Posted Image

Looks like Jeffrey got the honor of driving the lead car on opening day Sept.29th in Orlando, and you can see a few seconds of him at the start of these youtube vids: Race start vid, at the rally vid, and some shots of JD in this photo montage vid. See more photos & a few of JD at the start of the race Team 17's site and at the Find Trenton Duckett site.

Posted Image
Photo of Artie, Jeffrey and Rich with Orlando Mayor, Buddy Dyer, (in green shirt) who waved the green starting flag, from Bob's myspace.

Despite this slight mishap the team still came out as winners, as the Child Rescue Network describes:

"The winner of the event, Artie Malesci, who drove the Dodge Viper, was given his trophy and as an added bonus the Fireball Run folks gave him the keys to the "Official Pace Car" of the event which is also a 2008 Saturn Sky Turbo. In an act of incredible generosity, Artie then turned to CRN President, Jeff Griesemer, and said, "You know I don't really need another car and so I am donating this vehicle to Child Rescue Network". Thank you Artie, Rich, and actor Jeffrey Donovan for your wonderful gesture which trule embodied the whole attitude of everyone who participated in the Fireball Run, that of giving back to help others."

Posted Image
Photos from: Fireballrun myspace

Congrats to the Burn Notice team! A great job & a great cause!

maybe next year they'll drive The Charger ;)

Edited by NatashaFatale, 27 February 2012 - 02:57 AM.

713siggysmuse.png

#2 coribbean

coribbean

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 05:32 AM

This is cool even though it happened over a month ago. I figure that JD hopes to bring attention to the charities he supports, so I thought I would post it here.

'The 3500 mile, nine day transcontinental adventure, known as the Insurance Office of America Fireball Run Transcontinental Road Rally took place Sept.29-Oct.6th, 2007. The Fireball Run was a live action "game" with America as the game board. While the 65+ rally teams had fun & shared an incredible experience with the other competitors, the real goal was to help find America's children. Called "The Race to Recover America's Missing," every team made the journey assigned with a different missing child whose image & stats were affixed to the vehicle - creating a "rolling milk carton." The mission: distribute as many posters as possible along the 3500 journey from Orlando Florida to Los Angeles California. Each team also selected a personal charity to receive a percentage of the proceeds from the event.'

'The 2007 Fireball Run was the most successfull first year amatuer open road rally in history. Car number 29, and the overall winning team, was 2004 Dodge Viper with team members Artie Malesci (James Bond, Miami Vice) - Florida, Jeffrey Donovan (Burn Notice, Crossing Jordan) - California and Rich Minga (Star Trek, Duke of Hazzard) - San Diego. '

Jeffrey, of course, an actor on Burn Notice, and Rich has been a stuntman for some episodes of Burn Notice, and Artie is the stunt coordinator for Burn Notice.

See more at the Fireball Run website and support the Child Rescue Network here.

Posted Image

Some more shots of the Viper car at the start here and here.

Posted Image

Looks like Jeffrey got the honor of driving the lead car on opening day Sept.29th in Orlando, and you can see a few seconds of him at the start of these youtube vids: Race start vid, at the rally vid, and some shots of JD in this photo montage vid. See more photos & a few of JD at the start of the race Team 17's site and at the Find Trenton Duckett site.

Posted Image
Photo of Artie, Jeffrey and Rich with Orlando Mayor, Buddy Dyer, (in green shirt) who waved the green starting flag, from Bob's myspace.

Despite this slight mishap the team still came out as winners, as the Child Rescue Network describes:

"The winner of the event, Artie Malesci, who drove the Dodge Viper, was given his trophy and as an added bonus the Fireball Run folks gave him the keys to the "Official Pace Car" of the event which is also a 2008 Saturn Sky Turbo. In an act of incredible generosity, Artie then turned to CRN President, Jeff Griesemer, and said, "You know I don't really need another car and so I am donating this vehicle to Child Rescue Network". Thank you Artie, Rich, and actor Jeffrey Donovan for your wonderful gesture which trule embodied the whole attitude of everyone who participated in the Fireball Run, that of giving back to help others."

Posted Image
Photos from: Fireballrun myspace

Congrats to the Burn Notice team! A great job & a great cause!

maybe next year they'll drive The Charger ;)

Wow!
This is pretty neat! I wish I had known about this when it happened. What a cool thing to do. Makes me like and respect the Burn Notice team even more!
Coribbean

#3 Bubba_Bridges

Bubba_Bridges

"Executive Assistant"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,456 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 04:12 PM

Hi Bubba here, greaat pictures and a great cause. Rock on Mike! B)

My Website: Monk Information Page (Bridges to Monk) My Favorite Radio Station: Smooth Jazz 98.9

"Forum Resident" and "Forum Watchdog"

#4 vestokes

vestokes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,266 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 05:03 PM

Did I tell you guys that I'm in love with JD????

#5 CAGilder

CAGilder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 05:50 PM

Did I tell you guys that I'm in love with JD????

You may have mentioned it once or twice...

:D
Certified Burnologist

Posted Image

#6 vestokes

vestokes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,266 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 06:23 PM

You may have mentioned it once or twice...

:D

LOL!!! And doncha forget it!!  ;)

#7 LuLuNY

LuLuNY

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,414 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 07:11 PM

LOL!!! And doncha forget it!! ;)

Thank you so much for the photo's. As for the race. Nice job!!!

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved