7901 replies to this topic

#7901 threeholepunchjim

threeholepunchjim

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 09:58 PM

Sorry, I had to reply to this.

The difference between "Bones" and "SVU" is that the writers of "Bones" didn't get Booth and Brennan together because the fans wanted it, they intended to get them together BEFORE they even aired the first episode of Season One.

"SVU" never had plans to get Elliot and Olivia together, the fans created that relationship and the writers used it as bait to get people to watch.

Simple as that.

Absolutely.

I could not say it better. It was catnip to a needy cat.

But those pictures of Chris and Mariska are cute.

You've offered a provocative theory. What it lacks in substance, it makes up for in pretty colors - Alex Cabot

#7902 Mary82

Mary82

Dreamer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,163 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 03:13 PM

Sorry, I had to reply to this.

The difference between "Bones" and "SVU" is that the writers of "Bones" didn't get Booth and Brennan together because the fans wanted it, they intended to get them together BEFORE they even aired the first episode of Season One.

"SVU" never had plans to get Elliot and Olivia together, the fans created that relationship and the writers used it as bait to get people to watch.

Simple as that.

Not according to interviews with the writers and producers. I have been in the audience along with other fans of the show while questions were asked about the couple getting together. When the fans were "promised" a love scene and that it would be real only to discover that it was a dream that Booth had while in a coma, fans were upset. If the couple were intended to get together from the beginning then why did it take almost 6 years to do it? Not to mention the writers having the best opportunity to do so only to have Brennan walk away and Booth to find a new love interest. I think the outcry for the two to get together was the main reason the writers created the coupling and Emily's pregnancy for sure pushed that along.

As far as Elliot and Olivia, yes you are right. TPTB has always said from the beginning that Elliot and Olivia were not ever going to get together but then we got episodes like "Fault," "Fat," "Informed," and TPTB wonder why there are so many outcry's for Elliot and Olivia to get together. It was a tease only to kick the shipper fans in the face when El went back to Kathy after he knocked her up during a moment of weakness. Now that Elliot/Chris is gone, notice how the ratings continue to drop? A lot of that has to do with the fan's desires being ignored and the Law and Order franchise is getting slammed because of it. For where there are no viewers, there is no show.
Posted Image
Posted Image

"The power to learn is present in everyone's soul
and the instrument with which each learns is like an eye
that cannot be turned around from darkness to light
without turning the whole body." ~Plato

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved