• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Guy4God

Guy4God

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 10:10 AM

New here, you guys have probably already discussed this, but I live in the SB area and I recognize all te arial/establishing shots, but the sets and houses, etc., do not look like SB...they look more like a lake town in the mountains or something. Does anyone know where they actually film the show?

#2 Bubba_Bridges

Bubba_Bridges

"Executive Assistant"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,456 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 10:30 AM

Hi Bubba here, ...

New here, you guys have probably already discussed this, but I live in the SB area and I recognize all te arial/establishing shots, but the sets and houses, etc., do not look like SB...they look more like a lake town in the mountains or something. Does anyone know where they actually film the show?

Psych is being filmed in Vancouver / White Rock for season two.

My Website: Monk Information Page (Bridges to Monk) My Favorite Radio Station: Smooth Jazz 98.9

"Forum Resident" and "Forum Watchdog"

#3 stablersfan

stablersfan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,348 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 12:40 PM

i am almost positive that the sets (indoor scenes) are filmed in Burbank, CA. at least season one was, when i was down at the studio visiting a friend, i happened to pass by some of the Psych sets. but as far as this year i am not sure.

Jack Sparrow: "nobody move!! I've lost my brain"
(Pirates: At World's End)

House: "what are those?"
Dr. Cameron: " there candy canes."
House: " Candy canes. are you mocking me?"
(House M.D.)

Chief Jerry Reilly: [watching Sean Garrity and Probie playing Scrabble] Look at this - a meeting of the minds and the minds are a no-show.
(Rescue Me)

The Entertainers: Belz_da_man,Nasha,Stablersfan,Sharrie15,and marchriska4life

#4 sarcasmlove

sarcasmlove

Super Psych-O

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,908 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 02:52 PM

Everything is in White Rock or Vancouver, and I'm pretty positive all their sets and stuff are in sound stages there too. I remember them talking about it in the Infanity on TV Guide Channel can't remember off the top of my head which branch of studios they use up there in Canada, but still...
"I've been having this
reoccurring dream where I'm flying over
Auckland on the back of a swan made primarily of
cocoa, his name is Clem."

"If you can laugh at yourself loud
and hard every time you fall,
people will think you're drunk." -Conan O'Brien

#5 VillaFan

VillaFan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 September 2007 - 12:52 AM

Everything is in White Rock or Vancouver, and I'm pretty positive all their sets and stuff are in sound stages there too. I remember them talking about it in the Infanity on TV Guide Channel can't remember off the top of my head which branch of studios they use up there in Canada, but still...

Being a resident of Vancouver, I can tell you Psych uses White Rock, British Columbia, Canada for its Santa Barbara, California setting. Psych also incorporates Vancouver and various locations around the Lower Mainland of British Columbia as a backdrop.

The exterior of the Psych office is the White Rock Museum and Archives building in White Rock, BC. The exterior of Henry's house is also located in White Rock. The interiors are on sound stages at the North Shore studios in North Vancouver, the interior police station is there as well.

#6 sarcasmlove

sarcasmlove

Super Psych-O

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,908 posts

Posted 21 September 2007 - 09:54 AM

That's what that white building is. I've seen loads of pictures of it when I've seen pictures of White Rock I just never knew what it was. To me it was always the exterior of the Psych offices :P
"I've been having this
reoccurring dream where I'm flying over
Auckland on the back of a swan made primarily of
cocoa, his name is Clem."

"If you can laugh at yourself loud
and hard every time you fall,
people will think you're drunk." -Conan O'Brien

#7 PineappleofPower

PineappleofPower

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 07:41 PM

Cananda...huh
Posted Image

#8 fitzjames

fitzjames

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 10:59 PM

I noticed they changed the establishment shot of the SB Police dept. from the real building in Santa Barbara to something more spanish style with red tile roof. It amused me since that was one of the few real SB buildings they use in the show.

#9 pinacolada2891

pinacolada2891

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 12:16 PM

Vancouver looks so pretty!

#10 calvinthefish

calvinthefish

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 01:15 PM

I was wondering if anyone knew the winery they shot this recent episode at. There is a shot of Mira and Gus (after the groom doesn't show) while they are walking together, and you can see the ocean behind them, that looks exactly like the same place Nate and Brenda got married on Six Feet Under. It is so pretty and I want to go there myself!

#11 Monkish1969

Monkish1969

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 01:40 PM

After watching the show I told my wife that I wanted to go on vacation in SB. She then saw where the credits say the show is filmed in Vancouver and has made fun of me ever since.

#12 2pies

2pies

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 09:22 AM

Hey Guys.

I lived in white rock for 7 months. They film all the sea front shots on marine drive (the road i lived on), white rock.

The steep hill you see a lot is oxford hill and his father lives just off oxford hill.

White rock is about a 10 minute drive from the us/canadian border and around 30 min drive from downtown Vancouver.

The psych office car-park is the car-park for 'white rock mufflers', however I don't think the office interior is in white rock. If it's in the North shore film studios, they also filmed Smallville there. they would often shoot beach shots at white rock for smallville to, we often seen people in swim-wear on the beach in mid november when it was about 3 degrees!! surreal!

Hope this helps!

#13 crl300

crl300

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 03:36 PM

White Rock in Vancouver in Canada.

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved