• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 selinak321

selinak321

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 10:02 PM

I'm sorry if this was already posted but I have a question. I saw that the season final is on Friday and I thought that was odd since there were only 8 episodes. I have the first season on DVD and there are 15. Is there a reason that it went from 15 to 8 or is that how it is done with the second season? I will miss this show if it doesn't come back. It wasn't canceled was it?

#2 PsyFanPinapplejuice

PsyFanPinapplejuice

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 10:28 PM

I'm sorry if this was already posted but I have a question. I saw that the season final is on Friday and I thought that was odd since there were only 8 episodes. I have the first season on DVD and there are 15. Is there a reason that it went from 15 to 8 or is that how it is done with the second season? I will miss this show if it doesn't come back. It wasn't canceled was it?

Unfortunately it IS being canceled :(
According to USA Network the show was canceled due to...PSYCH! just kidding. :lol: HaHa! No actually it is taking it's seasonal hiatus and will return again later like Season one did. Monk does the same thing. I hate it being split up like that, but thats how USA network does it. Enjoy those dvds! Also, throughout October there will be reruns for fans who can't wait for the season to start back up!

Edited by PsyFanPinapplejuice, 13 September 2007 - 07:48 AM.

#3 jrode

jrode

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 11:46 PM

According to USA Network the show was canceled due to...PSYCH! just kidding. :lol: HaHa! No actually it is taking it's seasonal hiatus and will return again later in Nov like Season one did. Monk does the same thing. I hate it being split up like that, but thats how USA network does it. Enjoy those dvds! Also, throughout October there will be reruns for fans who can't wait for the season to start back up!

In a way, I like how they split it up. I would rather have them run the show for a few months like they do, take a few months off, and then run it again. I liked how season one started back in July of 06, went until August, took a little bit of a break, resumed in January and went until early March. And then there was only a couples months between the season one finale and the season two premiere. I don't know, I just like it that way. It's better than having to wait a full year for a new set of episodes.

It also gives it a more realistic feel, if that makes sense and I love how they work Shawn and Gus' MySpace pages to make them feel real. I don't know, just sort of cool to me.

#4 bigkitty_4

bigkitty_4

psych fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,120 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 06:37 AM

During this summer, according to USA TODAY, Psych is fifth highest program on cable. (The Closer was number one, followed by Amazing Grace, then Monk, and finally The Starter Wife.) Psych also wins in the some desirable thing programs want 18-49 demographic watches the program. USA would be stupid to cancel it.

I also love it when USA splits the season. Monk and Psych are the only two shows that the network feels they can get the ratings.
"McNabb, hold back the Wonder Twins!"

"Somebody forgot to drink their courageous juice this morning."

#5 PsychedOut

PsychedOut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 09:34 AM

Yeah, the splitting up is okay for me. One of my other shows did that though, and it didn't turn out so well for them. But with this show, it works. They don't leave it at a huge cliffhanger, which is nice and last season, they had an actual reason in the show for going on break(Chief Vic taking maternity leave).
It makes it like 2 mini-seasons, which makes me feel like there's more episodes lol.
Overall, I think it's a good choice. :)

#6 USA_Admin

USA_Admin

Forum Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 10:26 AM

There are 16 episodes this season.

9 will have aired this summer.
A Christmas episode will air in December.
6 more episodes air in January/February.

When the promos call it a season finale, what they really mean is the summer season finale.

USANetwork.com Admin

#7 selinak321

selinak321

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 02:33 PM

According to USA Network the show was canceled due to...PSYCH! just kidding. :lol: HaHa! No actually it is taking it's seasonal hiatus and will return again later like Season one did. Monk does the same thing. I hate it being split up like that, but thats how USA network does it. Enjoy those dvds! Also, throughout October there will be reruns for fans who can't wait for the season to start back up!

Yikes! Don't do that! *grabs heart* Oh, I get it. I always notice how they (Monk, Psych) seem to be on all the time, then go away, then come back again. I was always happy because while LOST and HEROES seem to just go away for half the year, my favorite comedies keep me happy. Thanks for the information!

#8 PsychedOut

PsychedOut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 03:28 PM

Yikes! Don't do that! *grabs heart* Oh, I get it. I always notice how they (Monk, Psych) seem to be on all the time, then go away, then come back again. I was always happy because while LOST and HEROES seem to just go away for half the year, my favorite comedies keep me happy. Thanks for the information!

In my post up above, when I mentioned that one of my shows go away for a while, I was talking about Lost. which you've also mentioned. But this year they're doing it differently- starting late and not having any breaks during it.I'm not sure why a break works for Psych, but the other shows it doesn't.

#9 MoriganBlack

MoriganBlack

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 05:05 PM

According to USA Network the show was canceled due to...PSYCH! just kidding. :lol:

** Slaps around **

DON'T YOU EVER...... * faints from fright * Ok, ok , now that I am composed again. You really had be going there.

I too liked the way the first season when out , because of her maternity leave found it real funny and convenient.

#10 PsyFanPinapplejuice

PsyFanPinapplejuice

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 06:36 PM

** Slaps around **

DON'T YOU EVER...... * faints from fright * Ok, ok , now that I am composed again. You really had be going there.

I too liked the way the first season when out , because of her maternity leave found it real funny and convenient.

Sorry, I couldn't resist! Welcome to the forum Folks!

#11 Bubba_Bridges

Bubba_Bridges

"Executive Assistant"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,456 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 07:03 PM

Hi Bubba here, ...

When the promos call it a season finale, what they really mean is the summer season finale.

I can't wait for the Christmas episode. Sound like fun.

My Website: Monk Information Page (Bridges to Monk) My Favorite Radio Station: Smooth Jazz 98.9

"Forum Resident" and "Forum Watchdog"

#12 silly_slicker

silly_slicker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 11:27 PM

According to USA Network the show was canceled due to...PSYCH! just kidding. :lol: HaHa! No actually it is taking it's seasonal hiatus and will return again later like Season one did. Monk does the same thing.

OMG! You nearly gave me a heart attack! :lol: I would be crushed if it was canceled....

#13 stablersfan

stablersfan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,348 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 10:30 AM

thanks admin, i cant wait to see the Christmas one. i bet that one will be pretty funny.

Jack Sparrow: "nobody move!! I've lost my brain"
(Pirates: At World's End)

House: "what are those?"
Dr. Cameron: " there candy canes."
House: " Candy canes. are you mocking me?"
(House M.D.)

Chief Jerry Reilly: [watching Sean Garrity and Probie playing Scrabble] Look at this - a meeting of the minds and the minds are a no-show.
(Rescue Me)

The Entertainers: Belz_da_man,Nasha,Stablersfan,Sharrie15,and marchriska4life

#14 Leesha

Leesha

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 08:42 PM

According to USA Network the show was canceled due to...PSYCH! just kidding.

LOL! Nice! That's high-larious! Early (or late) April Fool's!
Leesha
"Maybe I should just play my guitar. . ."
--Vivian Campbell, with all of the confidence in the world, on his solo album Two Sides of If

Carlton Lassiter: I have something I have to get off my chest.
Shawn Spencer: Is it your shirt? Please say no.

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved