• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 bookmistress4ever

bookmistress4ever

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 10:17 AM

In an episode of Dead Zone, Ruth Roberts (songwriter) gave one of her songs to her son, Michael Piller, (who was producer of the show at the time.) The song was called "Winter Snow".

At the time, it was available to listen on the USA Network website, but it was removed after awhile. I then learned that to promote the episode, entitled "The man who never was", the producers pressed several hundred copies of "Winter Snow" which was sung by a female jazz-type torch song singer. I do not have the name of the singer. Also on the CD was a instrumental version of the song.

The CD was then sent out to many of the US radio station that had jazz formats.

I cannot seem to track down a copy of this song anywhere. I so fell in love with it. Any suggestions on how I can get a copy of it, would be wonderful. I have been searching for it for several years now. The Dead Zone episode it appeared in aired in March 2003.

Thanks in advance,
Patty

P. S. I do know that the singer was NOT Mercedes Hall, I have already contacted her by e-mail and she confirmed that it was not one of her songs.

Edited by bookmistress4ever, 11 September 2007 - 10:19 AM.

#2 thedeadzonetv

thedeadzonetv

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 03:36 AM

In an episode of Dead Zone, Ruth Roberts (songwriter) gave one of her songs to her son, Michael Piller, (who was producer of the show at the time.) The song was called "Winter Snow".

At the time, it was available to listen on the USA Network website, but it was removed after awhile. I then learned that to promote the episode, entitled "The man who never was", the producers pressed several hundred copies of "Winter Snow" which was sung by a female jazz-type torch song singer. I do not have the name of the singer. Also on the CD was a instrumental version of the song.

I cannot seem to track down a copy of this song anywhere. I so fell in love with it. Any suggestions on how I can get a copy of it, would be wonderful. I have been searching for it for several years now. The Dead Zone episode it appeared in aired in March 2003.

Thanks in advance,
Patty

P. S. I do know that the singer was NOT Mercedes Hall, I have already contacted her by e-mail and she confirmed that it was not one of her songs.

I don't know if this helps, but I found on a website that the song Winter Snow is sung by Coco Love Alcorn
http://wc02.allmusic...10:jcfrxqraldfe

you can listen to a clip on the site of the song.
hope this helps
Bjossi
Posted Image

#3 CharlieB

CharlieB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 12:46 PM

Thanks in advance,
Patty

I actually have a copy of this; an mp3 downloaded from the website when it was posted.

Interesting that, like you, I can't find any information on the song. I've been searching for this for a couple of years. I would swear that the website identified the artist as Mercedes Hall, and that's how I have it listed in my audio files. The allmusic.com page is the only place I see the song associated with Coco Love Alcorn or Tom Colclough (misspelled "Coclough"), although the clips clearly appear to be of the same song I have.

I'm a musician and I'm not a big fan of file sharing, but, as no one seems to be owning up to this work, nor is it available commercially, I have no qualms about sending anyone a copy. E-mail me and I'll send it out when I get home this evening.

I will, of course, cease and desist at the request of the copyright holder. As the copyright holder seems, at this point, not to care, I think we're pretty safe here.

Chuck

#4 jpiper01

jpiper01

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 10:04 PM

Thanks in advance,
Patty

I thought I was the only person who thought that song was amazing. :lol: I always wondered what the song was called. A great song and a great episode!

#5 Bubba_Bridges

Bubba_Bridges

"Executive Assistant"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,456 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 10:46 PM

Hi Bubba here, I will look around and see if I can find any information on it.

My Website: Monk Information Page (Bridges to Monk) My Favorite Radio Station: Smooth Jazz 98.9

"Forum Resident" and "Forum Watchdog"

#6 scoy

scoy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 09:21 AM

I would like an e-mail sent to me with this song. I love this song.
thanks charlieb
bluemia

#7 scoy

scoy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 09:23 AM

My e-mail address is cubbie1@cpnwi.net. Thanks again charlieb.
blue mia

#8 AriaAngel

AriaAngel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 05:20 PM

Please send me a copy of this song. peiffer@ecentral.com Thanks.

#9 laideebug

laideebug

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 09:59 AM

Please send me a copy of this song. peiffer@ecentral.com Thanks.

Dear friend, I have sent it, have you received?

Edited by laideebug, 18 July 2011 - 08:30 AM.

#10 AriaAngel

AriaAngel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 10:07 AM

No. Please send it again. Thanks.

#11 scottjacksion

scottjacksion

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 01:48 AM

Please send me a copy of this song.

Edited by scottjacksion, 28 October 2011 - 01:49 AM.

#12 kinito

kinito

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 08:41 PM

Please send me the song.

#13 Timkage

Timkage

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:45 AM

Plz Plz Plz Send me a copy of this song :) My email is Jcks7Ln@aol.com

#14 panaceus

panaceus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 06:50 PM

I'm glad someone has tracked this down! I'd very much appreciate a copy; my email is mithras2 (AT) hotmail.com

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved