extex2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 06:40 AM

Spoiler:

Monk, USA Network
Finale airs Friday, Sept. 14 at 9 pm
Donal Logue guest-stars as a grifter, but the big news is Monk's other chance encounter. Says star Tony Shalhoub, "He literally bumps into a woman on the street. She's a total stranger, but he can't get her out of his head. I don't want to give too much away, because it's a poignant ending." Maybe a setup for romance when the show returns in January? "It may be time to open that door," Shalhoub says. "And not a moment too soon."

#2 alex455

alex455

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,210 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 06:48 AM

Spoiler:

Monk, USA Network
Donal Logue guest-stars as a grifter, but the big news is Monk's other chance encounter. Says star Tony Shalhoub, "He literally bumps into a woman on the street. She's a total stranger, but he can't get her out of his head. I don't want to give too much away, because it's a poignant ending." Maybe a setup for romance when the show returns in January? "It may be time to open that door," Shalhoub says. "And not a moment too soon."

Thank you extex2

Edited by alex455, 31 August 2007 - 07:03 AM.

#3 Raven

Raven

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,827 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 07:34 AM

OMG!!! It sounds like the kind of episode I've been waiting for since season 2...wow! :D
What day will this air?

Edited by Raven, 31 August 2007 - 07:38 AM.

#4 luvinmonk

luvinmonk

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 07:39 AM

Thanks for the link. It sure is interesting and I can't wait to see it.

#5 Axg

Axg

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 07:39 AM

wow, that's awesome news :), monk deserves some romance

#6 alex455

alex455

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,210 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 10:30 AM

wow, that's awesome news :), monk deserves some romance

That means in last episode of this half of season the reason why he can't sleep is that woman...

#7 Asphirty

Asphirty

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 10:36 AM

OMG!!! ahh im so jeleous right now, i really want to see the new eps. but hey, thats great news for monk. i always thought that maybe there would be kind of a crush thing happening between monk and natalie but this is still great news!!!!

*drops hint: anyone wanna tape it and put it on youtube for me LOL* or even screencaps haha

wonder what shes gonna look like... blond? brunette? redhead? interesting :)

#8 alex455

alex455

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,210 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 10:38 AM

OMG!!! ahh im so jeleous right now, i really want to see the new eps. but hey, thats great news for monk. i always thought that maybe there would be kind of a crush thing happening between monk and natalie but this is still great news!!!!

*drops hint: anyone wanna tape it and put it on youtube for me LOL* or even screencaps haha

wonder what shes gonna look like... blond? brunette? redhead? interesting :)

She's going to be a blond for 95 % (5% is a back up)

Edited by alex455, 31 August 2007 - 10:39 AM.

#9 Asphirty

Asphirty

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 11:32 AM

She's going to be a blond for 95 % (5% is a back up)

you think? ANOTHER BLOND!!!! :lol: seriously, they need more brunettes lol. well im excited either way... :D

#10 Teresa1643

Teresa1643

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 11:44 AM

The finale (which isn't really a finale since season six continues this winter with seven more episodes) "Mr. Monk is Up All Night" will air on September 14th.

Here's the link to the article from TV Guide.com that extex2 posted above.
<i> I can't debate you if you talk gibberish that sounds kind of like something a chimney sweep from Mary Poppins would say.</i>

#11 Liv

Liv

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,951 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 11:54 AM

Spoiler:

Monk, USA Network

Crap.

Spoiler:
If he's about to fall in love, there's a good chance I'll start having my Friday nights free. There's no way that Monk could fall in love on the show without it becoming an all consuming big deal, because that's just the way he is. And I just can't maintain interest in the romantic lives of fictional characters for that long. For a couple of hours in a movie or for a book, maybe, but not for an ongoing television series. Romance is only interesting for a short while, then the new wears off and I'm ready to move on to something else. If it's contained in a single episode and he moves on, or if he can't get her out of his mind because she has something to do with a case, I can deal with that, but if she hangs around for the duration of the series, and every episode has to be about their relationship, or involve it in some way, I can't see myself caring enough to tune in after a couple of episodes at most.

Geocities ate my Timeline! :(

#12 fan4sure

fan4sure

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 672 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 03:11 PM

Crap.

That was my first thought. :huh:

Tony’s comment seems an abrupt turn around from his quote in TV Guide last month.

Quote: As for romance, don’t expect any this summer – or maybe ever. “Fans write and say, ‘Can’t he have just a little happiness?’” says Shalhoub, aghast at the very idea. “Monk getting on with his life would knock the wind out of the show’s sails.”

I’m thinking maybe this woman he meets is a similar situation to the women he encountered in The Other Woman and Blackout, appearing in only one episode. Meeting her might compel him to seriously think about what he wants for his future and if that includes a possible relationship with someone, anyone. The “poignant” ending makes me believe Monk will have some type of realization about what he wants out of life at this point.

Establishing a lasting “relationship” for Monk with someone new to the show would take time to cultivate and I don’t know how many of the 44 or so minutes in each episode can be spared to do that without taking away from the mystery/crime storyline and other characters. Since this is a mid-season finale, I think they might be giving us an ending that will give us something to ponder during the break.

As usual, I’ll most likely be proven wrong very soon. :P

Edited by fan4sure, 31 August 2007 - 03:13 PM.

"He's completely obsessed...and not in a good way, like me."

#13 TheOddJen

TheOddJen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 892 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 03:32 PM

I agree, Liv.

Hrm, but maybe it's not romantic. Maybe she has... 19 fingers and he wants to make them even? That'd keep ME up all night.

#14 AliceCooper

AliceCooper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 04:25 PM

Or maybe it'll be poignant because…

she's the guy.

Or not.

But maybe…
There's a bee in the car!

#15 Raven

Raven

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,827 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 04:39 PM

I'll bet that it will be a one time, one episode only, like Other Woman. Adrian just can't develop a real interest in a woman until he solves Trudy's murder, right?

#16 AliceCooper

AliceCooper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 05:00 PM

I'll bet that it will be a one time, one episode only, like Other Woman. Adrian just can't develop a real interest in a woman until he solves Trudy's murder, right?

I would think so because of his devotion. But he hasn't had a "fling" in awhile so maybe that's the issue. It would be a good idea, and timely, if he could have a close encounter of the female kind just to show that he's still interested in women. He's still a man. Well, mannish.

#17 Raven

Raven

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,827 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 05:18 PM

Isn't he now only 5/16ths of a man?

(But not to me, Adrian. In my eyes, you're the bomb.)

#18 AliceCooper

AliceCooper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 05:20 PM

Isn't he now only 5/16ths of a man?

(But not to me, Adrian. In my eyes, you're the bomb.)

prrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

#19 Bubba_Bridges

Bubba_Bridges

"Executive Assistant"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,456 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 05:47 PM

Hi Bubba here, thanks for the information. Looks very interesting.

My Website: Monk Information Page (Bridges to Monk) My Favorite Radio Station: Smooth Jazz 98.9

"Forum Resident" and "Forum Watchdog"

#20 extex2

extex2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 07:06 PM

I am just wondering if this hint of a romance signals a wind down to the series?
Maybe 7 will be the last.
Unfinished business seems to cropping up, Trudy mentions ,the Christmas gift....
e

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved