• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 LuLuNY

LuLuNY

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,414 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 11:15 AM

I just saw that the show ends on Thursday or in other terms wrapping for the season then. Since it is not the end of the week I assume they'll have a wrap party in Florida then everyone can go home and well, other places....... til the next season starts. And since California isn't excatly a mainstay for any, it will be interesting to see where they will go.....by that I mean on vacation or wandering through towns....

#2 NatashaFatale

NatashaFatale

Ghost in the Machine

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,451 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 09:59 PM

has this been posted already? There's a nice cast/crew shot from Burn Notice (I'm not sure if it's from the wrap party) on this Coconut Grove blog

Even in that tiny photo, I can tell Jeffrey is looking smashing in black!

alas, it makes me blue to think they are done shooting & the season will be ending soon. *sadness*

713siggysmuse.png

#3 NatashaFatale

NatashaFatale

Ghost in the Machine

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,451 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 10:26 PM

Oh, and here's another lovely article talking about the show's wrap, click here: The Miami Herald 8/17/07

TV's 'Burn Notice' to stay in South Florida
'Burn Notice,' a cable drama set in Miami that actually films here, celebrated its success with city leaders Thursday

with a cool pic of Jeffrey!

yay! Miami loves Burn Notice!

713siggysmuse.png

#4 Bubba_Bridges

Bubba_Bridges

"Executive Assistant"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,456 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 10:50 PM

Hi Bubba here, ...

Oh, and here's another lovely article talking about the show's wrap, click here: The Miami Herald 8/17/07

TV's 'Burn Notice' to stay in South Florida
'Burn Notice,' a cable drama set in Miami that actually films here, celebrated its success with city leaders Thursday

with a cool pic of Jeffrey!

yay! Miami loves Burn Notice!

Thanks for the link and article.

My Website: Monk Information Page (Bridges to Monk) My Favorite Radio Station: Smooth Jazz 98.9

"Forum Resident" and "Forum Watchdog"

#5 LuLuNY

LuLuNY

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,414 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 10:57 PM

has this been posted already? There's a nice cast/crew shot from Burn Notice (I'm not sure if it's from the wrap party) on this Coconut Grove blog

Even in that tiny photo, I can tell Jeffrey is looking smashing in black!

alas, it makes me blue to think they are done shooting & the season will be ending soon. *sadness*

Thanks for the link. January!!!! I usually go down to Florida in January but I"m on a cruise for a friends b'day beginning of December. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm? Guess I will have to make an excuse to go back down.

#6 DanJ

DanJ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 12:24 AM

I went by Michael's loft today to help him celebrate.

Posted Image
Click On Picture To Enlarge

Turns out he wasn't home. Some guy with a Russian accent told me he was out getting yogurt, so I took a walk up to NW 17th Avenue and 33rd Street. There I met up with Fiona and asked her of Michael's whereabouts.

Posted Image
Click On Picture To Enlarge

She didn't seem to be in a talkative mood, so I just went back home and took a nap...

Congratulations to the cast and crew of Burn Notice on a great first season - may we have many more!

#7 FloridaRealtor

FloridaRealtor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 08:14 AM

Congratulations to the cast and crew of Burn Notice on a great first season - may we have many more!

DanJ, they had a shot in the show exactly like yours! Dooode, it is great they are filming in January instead of August -- I feel for all of US who have to work when the heat is like it has been. Showing houses when it feels like 106 is nooo fun. And that photo of Donovan in the water -- dare we see hurricane footage in the finale? Knock on laminate, we haven't had a direct hit in Tampa Bay for like 80 years. You all come down and I'll find a couple short-term rentals and we'll caravan down the Tamiani Trail so you can see the real florida, before you get to the tourist Florida! My congrats, too, to all those responsible for "Burn Notice" -- better than anything they are touting on broadcast TV, I wish you'd qualified for Emmy consideration. The writing is slick and doesn't insult our intelligence and you gave us quality actors all around. I don't watch much TV, but I watch you! Wonderful!

#8 LuLuNY

LuLuNY

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,414 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 10:08 AM

DanJ, they had a shot in the show exactly like yours! Dooode, it is great they are filming in January instead of August -- I feel for all of US who have to work when the heat is like it has been. Showing houses when it feels like 106 is nooo fun. And that photo of Donovan in the water -- dare we see hurricane footage in the finale? Knock on laminate, we haven't had a direct hit in Tampa Bay for like 80 years. You all come down and I'll find a couple short-term rentals and we'll caravan down the Tamiani Trail so you can see the real florida, before you get to the tourist Florida! My congrats, too, to all those responsible for "Burn Notice" -- better than anything they are touting on broadcast TV, I wish you'd qualified for Emmy consideration. The writing is slick and doesn't insult our intelligence and you gave us quality actors all around. I don't watch much TV, but I watch you! Wonderful!

Yeah, I saw that shot too. Very cool. It means everyone has a nice 4 month vacation to wander around the states. But, what pic of Jeffrey in water????? I didn't see one. Only time I saw him in water was in Hamlet! send a link to the pic please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#9 DanJ

DanJ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 09:41 PM

DanJ, they had a shot in the show exactly like yours!

And that photo of Donovan in the water - dare we see hurricane footage in the finale?

The pilot episode shows Michael coming out of the loft apartment, very close to my pic - is that the one you're talking about? FYI they only used this location for the first 2, maybe 3 ep's. A replica set was used for subsequent episodes. I have pic's of it and will post one soon.

About Donovan in the water - I don't know what you're talking about, but I visited the Coconut Grove convention center on wrap day with a friend and we managed to get into the building for a look around. We saw them filming a scene with Donovan in a water tank wearing a black scuba suit. The set looked like a dock and Donovan came up outta the water, planted some sort of device either under the dock or perhaps under a boat, then ducked back in the water. No dialog in the scene as he was wearing a diver's mask and breathing apparatus - this will no doubt have a voiceover in the final cut explaining what he's doing - look for it!

#10 fotojenic

fotojenic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 09:57 PM

The pilot episode shows Michael coming out of the loft apartment, very close to my pic - is that the one you're talking about? FYI they only used this location for the first 2, maybe 3 ep's. A replica set was used for subsequent episodes. I have pic's of it and will post one soon.

This is from the pilot (courtesy of http://michaelandfiona.org/). So they changed it, I was wondering no lights in your pic.

Posted Image

About Donovan in the water - I don't know what you're talking about, but I visited the Coconut Grove convention center on wrap day with a friend and we managed to get into the building for a look around. We saw them filming a scene with Donovan in a water tank wearing a black scuba suit. The set looked like a dock and Donovan came up outta the water, planted some sort of device either under the dock or perhaps under a boat, then ducked back in the water. No dialog in the scene as he was wearing a diver's mask and breathing apparatus - this will no doubt have a voiceover in the final cut explaining what he's doing - look for it!

Wow, cool! The finale is gonna be awesome! Thanks for sharing the info.

#11 DanJ

DanJ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 10:30 PM

The lights are obviously prop add-ons, which they took with them when they moved filming to the replica set. The stairs on the replica set are different - they have a bend in them, because the outside wall of the Coconut Grove Convention Center where they erected the set has a bend in it. The other prop add-ons were the rusty metal walls, which they also recycled on the replica set.

#12 FloridaRealtor

FloridaRealtor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 11:14 PM

We saw them filming a scene with Donovan in a water tank wearing a black scuba suit.

This was with the Miami Herald article link in Post #3. And there was a photo from across the water of the loft, just like the one you, DanJ, posted in the episode "Wanted Man". Sorry to be unclear. Is this what you saw at Coconut Grove Expo place?

Posted Image

#13 DanJ

DanJ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 19 August 2007 - 05:53 AM

Not only is that exactly what I saw, but my friend and I were standing at that very spot!

I missed that link to the artcle - gotta go back now and read it...

Edited by DanJ, 19 August 2007 - 05:55 AM.

#14 FloridaRealtor

FloridaRealtor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 19 August 2007 - 08:55 AM

Not only is that exactly what I saw, but my friend and I were standing at that very spot!

He looks a little like he's reconsidering this whole hit-cable-series-as-a-burned-spy thing, doesn't he?

#15 vestokes

vestokes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,266 posts

Posted 19 August 2007 - 12:49 PM

Oh my goodness. Donovan in a wet suit!!! I don't now if I can wait for the finale on this one. As I posted previously, each week it gets better and better. Great show.

#16 FloridaRealtor

FloridaRealtor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 19 August 2007 - 03:21 PM

Oh my goodness. Donovan in a wet suit!!! I don't now if I can wait for the finale on this one. As I posted previously, each week it gets better and better. Great show.

I just saw that "Hitch" will be on TBS Friday, 8/31 and Sat 9/1. Donovan plays "Vance" I read somewhere. Completely missed him when I watched the movie before, but I'll be on the lookout this time.

#17 vestokes

vestokes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,266 posts

Posted 19 August 2007 - 03:26 PM

Yeah. He played a jerk quite successfully in this role. He looked older. I think it's the way they had his hair combed back to look as if his hairline was receding. 

#18 fotojenic

fotojenic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 19 August 2007 - 08:34 PM

Yeah. He played a jerk quite successfully in this role. He looked older. I think it's the way they had his hair combed back to look as if his hairline was receding.

Shouldn't make a jerk better looking than the lead in the movie, shouldn't they!

#19 LuLuNY

LuLuNY

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,414 posts

Posted 19 August 2007 - 10:48 PM

Shouldn't make a jerk better looking than the lead in the movie, shouldn't they!

Thanks for that pic. I wonder if they will show him in a wet suit head to tow. I had seen that pic but thought it was a sexier shot I missed. Thanks again. As for Hitch. It was filmed in obviously NYC down where I used to work. Not the greatest area but it looks better on film. Also, just an FYI, Jeffrey was originally supposed to be the character that Kevin James was but they gave him a cameo since they figured with his looks he didn't need a date doctor and the movie wouldn't have worked. I know Jeffrey wanted to be in it because hey, wouldn't want to work with Will Smith, Hence the cameo. And I was out of town that week when they filmed it. ARGH!!!!!!

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved