• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 spiritkittykat

spiritkittykat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 08:03 PM

Hi! I am new here. I LOVE Burn Notice!!! It is my new summer obsession :)
Anyway, I have been wondering (and googling) about Fiona's purse that she wears on her hip. It's brown and she wore it in the most recent episode at the beginning when she is walking down the stairs wearing a blue dress. She's worn it before and everytime I see it I wonder who makes it and where I can get it? Anyone know?

Thanks!
:)

#2 ridingbycandlelight

ridingbycandlelight

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 09:40 PM

This is the closest I came:
Boho Hip-BagPosted ImagePosted ImageDescriptionUNISEX boho bag has one deep pocket, inticate braiding on the belt and cool rough cut pocket. leather cord tie closure
available colors: whiskey [shown], chocolate & black
found here:
http://images.google...t...UNA:en&sa=N

#3 vestokes

vestokes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,266 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 12:55 PM

In essence it's a fanny pack. It did look cute since she has such a small waistline and hips.

#4 spiritkittykat

spiritkittykat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 02:08 PM

Thanks guys. It was one of those things where I saw her wearing it and I was like, "That's cute, I want one" and then I went around trying to find it, had no success and got angry :) I'll keep my eye out.

Thanks again,

#5 justin667

justin667

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 10:48 PM

Posted Image

Some good stuff I found at Happy Cow, they have loads of Belt Bags, Waist Packs, Leather Belts, Micro Mini Skirts, Fanny Packs & more!

Edited by justin667, 25 August 2008 - 07:44 PM.

#6 Bubba_Bridges

Bubba_Bridges

"Executive Assistant"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,456 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 10:58 PM

Hi Bubba here, ....

In essence it's a fanny pack. It did look cute since she has such a small waistline and hips.

That's what I was thinking.

My Website: Monk Information Page (Bridges to Monk) My Favorite Radio Station: Smooth Jazz 98.9

"Forum Resident" and "Forum Watchdog"

#7 spiritkittykat

spiritkittykat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 11:31 AM

Fantastic! Getting closer. I searched the web and never saw this place. Thank a TON justin667!

I need me some Burn Notice!

Posted Image

More information available at this site

#8 justin667

justin667

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 09:26 AM

Fantastic! Getting closer. I searched the web and never saw this place. Thank a TON justin667!

I need me some Burn Notice!

Your welcome! That website is one of the best kept secrets on the net if you ask me.

#9 justin667

justin667

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 07:45 PM

I was right this is Fiona's Purse Belt from Burn Notice (Comrades Episode) :D

Posted Image

#10 Misbuhg

Misbuhg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 05:09 PM

Hi Everyone,

I still haven't found the exact match yet, but I do have a little more information to share. It's called a Belt Bag with double compartments. The front pocket has a zipper in Fiona's version, and the back pocket has a flap closure. At first I thought it was only one rectangular pocket with a zipper, but upon closer review of one of the episodes when she reached for her cell phone, we noticed that it was 2 compartments, one we see in front and one we noticed for the first time in back. Below are a few links. One to Gucci and one to Target. Both give you a good idea of what the overall design looks like.

[url="http://www.gucci.com...566RF40JR8588"]
[url="http://www.target.co...49072-6163330"]

#11 FiRocks

FiRocks
  • Guests

Posted 01 September 2008 - 05:32 PM

Hmmm I'm not quite sure what happened with the links you tried to post, but here they are just in case:
http://www.gucci.com...28566RF40JR8588
http://www.target.co...5449072-6163330

#12 PhilippaConnors

PhilippaConnors

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,480 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 09:57 PM

Hmmm I'm not quite sure what happened with the links you tried to post, but here they are just in case:
http://www.gucci.com...28566RF40JR8588
http://www.target.co...5449072-6163330

Thanks for the direct links, FiRocks! msbuhg, I think that Gucci belt bag looks really close in terms of its shape/design. Great finds!

I'm pretty sure I saw a photo of GA wearing this belt purse several years ago - it was on Gettyimages, I believe? I think the photo had been taken in the early 2000s. I have never ever written anyone famous, but I'm telling you - I am so interested in this belt purse that I may have to break down and just write GA through her agent or publicist or something and flat out ask, where in the WORLD did you get this wonderful bag???? :lol: In the meantime, I'm going to e-mail the people who have the etsy store with some of the screencaps I have of Fiona's belt purse thingy this week - I'll let you all know what they have to say.
Posted Image

#13 Misbuhg

Misbuhg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 12:19 PM

Thank you for fixing my links FiRocks!

I do have a bit of bad news.... According to this link (www.seeon.com), the hip bag was designed by LeatherNDenim and created just for Fiona. It is not in mass production at this time.... They did provide an alternative by Kipling, but it does not come in leather. You will find them on the Kipling website under "Luggage and Travel/Travel Accessories". I also included a link to "fanny pack alternatives" that I thought you might like.

Take Care!

AsSeenOn Fionas Purse

LeatherNDenim

Fannypack Alternatives

Kipling Bags

#14 heathermac

heathermac

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 06:58 PM

Hey there

We cover Burn Notice fashions on SeenON.com.... Fiona's hip belt was custom made by Leather 'n Denim, but we have an almost-exact version of the bag for sale...

Posted Image

Get it here!

http://shop.seenon.c...ail.php?p=74199

#15 Exotic_Familiarity

Exotic_Familiarity

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 October 2008 - 06:28 PM

Those are some cool "Bum Bags" as we call them in Australia!

#16 ashley2007

ashley2007

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 04:59 PM

MIMI AND PORTER HANDBAG SCAM !!!

I ordered a handbag from MIMI AND PORTER and i must say i am completely dissatisfied with them. They are totally rubbish and send phony stuff. I paid $365 for a bag but it is not worth $10 also. I was ripped off by them. They sell all pirated and used stuff. Never trust them. It is a complete waste of money. Never buy from them, they are scammers.

Beware of MIMI AND PORTER....Never order anything from them!!!

#17 percy123

percy123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 05:09 PM

MIMI AND PORTER HANDBAG SCAM !!!

I ordered a handbag from MIMI AND PORTER and i must say i am completely dissatisfied with them. They are totally rubbish and send phony stuff. I paid $365 for a bag but it is not worth $10 also. I was ripped off by them. They sell all pirated and used stuff. Never trust them. It is a complete waste of money. Never buy from them, they are scammers.

Beware of MIMI AND PORTER....Never order anything from them!!!

I was also a victim of this company. I specifically asked them are u selling pirated stuff, they said no they deal in authenticated goods only and product comes with original labels. but they send you rubbish. you can see it is not even Leather. This is some bad material. MIMI AND PORTER just want your money in your pocket. MIMI AND PORTER are fraud people. MIMI AND PORTER are big scammers. MIMI AND PORTER say they have warehouses in Austrilia, Paris, but MIMI AND PORTER operate from China. MIMI AND PORTER say that consumer can return the goods but MIMI AND PORTER never ever provide the return address or RMA. MIMI AND PORTER say that they deal in genuine goods, but MIMI AND PORTER HANDBAGS, you can buy from a dollar shop. MIMI AND PORTER HANDBAGS is a big scam. MIMI AND PORTER HANDBAGS IS BIG FRAUD. NEVER EVER BUY FROM THEM. and never ever give your credit card to them. MIMI AND PORTER will charge your credit card two three times and make it hard to refund the money. BEWARE FROM MIMI AND PORTER.

#18 kronos319

kronos319

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 02:25 AM

Looks like a gr8 place to stash a 9mm or, something that packs a bigger punch, a desert eagle. :)

#19 Freya10

Freya10

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 12:04 PM

OK I too have become obsessed with Fiona's hip bag so after hours of searching the net I'm excited to share with you all that I found a bag that is really close to hers. I found the bag at Roots.com

Posted Image

#20 petunia846

petunia846

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,029 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 01:59 PM

Dug up this old thread to share what I saw while shopping this morning. I love Fi's bag, and I always keep an eye out for hip bags though I've not bought one yet.

These are not the closest I've ever seen to Fi's bag, but I think I actually like them more than the one she has. Her's works for her, but it's not exactly my style. I definitely like these more than the one from Happy Cow. I don't like how that one has a big flap covering the front pockets.

Hip Bags from Ficcare

This is the only one they had at the store I went to today. It was really cute and I liked that the belt part was elastic and adjustable.
Posted Image

This one looks cute too...
Posted Image

Also, I noticed GA was wearing the same hip bag in The Librarian movie which came out in 2006, before Burn Notice ever started, so I'd say the bag she wears was made for her, not for the character of Fiona as gets reported some times.

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved