1510 replies to this topic

#1 metacomet

metacomet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 04:42 AM

Never Park On A Hill

The "bad girlfriend" of this week's title is Linda Fusco (Sharon Lawrence), who has been igniting the fire under Captain Stottlemeyer (Ted Levine) for a few episodes. They are on their way to paradise when Monk accuses Linda of murder. Stottlemeyer is livid at the suggestion, of course, and sets out to prove Monk wrong.

This leads to one of the funniest moments of the season so far. more

Actor continues to like the character he plays in 'Monk'

The clues are all there; the mystery is solved.

Tony Shalhoub has explained his apparent obsession with a certain obsessive-compulsive detective.

"I like Monk," said Shalhoub, who has won three Emmys for playing Monk and is nominated again this year. "He's very complex. Even though he's brilliant at his job, there's something childlike and unhip about him, as if he's out of his time period. He's about 25 years behind all the pop culture.

"I also love the fact he's not too much of a sympathetic character," Shalhoub said during a phone interview last week. "He's somewhat insensitive to other people's problems. Yes, we feel for him, we root for him; then he'll do this thing that's totally insensitive and selfish. There's something really human about that."

Adrian Monk continues to solve the crimes on "Monk," now in its sixth season on USA. New episodes air at 9 p.m. Fridays. In addition to being the star, Shalhoub is an executive producer. more

And if you like to vote (without any consequences <_< ):

Who do you want to win the Emmy for Outstanding Performance by a Lead Actor in a Comedy Series?

MONK’s Worst Phobia #39 ‘Probioticphobia’:

Posted Image

I found the picture in this Blog

Edited by metacomet, 05 August 2007 - 06:40 AM.

Posted Image

#2 alex455

alex455

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,210 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 05:41 AM

Posted Image
I found the picture in this Blog

This photo is hillarous! And the articles are great! Thanks metacomet....

#3 Bubba_Bridges

Bubba_Bridges

"Executive Assistant"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,456 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 05:09 PM

Hi Bubba here, thanks metacomet.

My Website: Monk Information Page (Bridges to Monk) My Favorite Radio Station: Smooth Jazz 98.9

"Forum Resident" and "Forum Watchdog"

#4 alex455

alex455

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,210 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 02:38 AM

Vince Guest Stars in “Monk”

Edited by alex455, 06 August 2007 - 02:39 AM.

#5 metacomet

metacomet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 11:39 PM

I found a phone interview with Tony Shalhoub. It´s from the radio show "Don and Mike" from WJFK

Posted Image

#6 metacomet

metacomet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 05:08 AM

Literary Happenings: Three mystery authors to sign books in Thousand Oaks

By Jo Ellen Heil
Sonntag, August 12, 2007

At 2:30 p.m., Lee Goldberg will sign "Mr. Monk and the Two Assistants." Compulsive detective Monk finds himself caught between two women when the husband of his former assistant is arrested for murder, then becomes embroiled in a murder case with a killer who proves to be one step ahead of Monk himself.

Mysteries to Die For is at 2940 E. Thousand Oaks Blvd. For information or to preorder books, call 374-0084.
Full Article

May be some of you have the opportunity to go there ;)

Posted Image

#7 metacomet

metacomet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 02:11 PM

Carny Birds and Bees

Posted Image

#8 metacomet

metacomet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 08:22 AM

Right mix births Emmy contenders (full article)

By CHRISTINE CHAMPAGNE
'The Sopranos'
It's the classic chicken-and-egg conundrum: Is it an actor who makes a show successful, or is it the overall quality of a show that turns an actor into an Emmy nominee?

Would "House" be "House" without Hugh Laurie? Would "Rescue Me" be the same show without Denis Leary's smarminess? Could anyone else have played Tony Soprano besides James Gandolfini? And is it the concept of "Monk" that makes Tony Shalhoub an Emmy fave, or is it Shalhoub himself and what he personally brings to the role?

"Being that I'm in casting, I'd have to say that the actor makes the TV show," says Dawn Steinberg, senior VP of talent and casting for Sony Television, adding with a laugh, "Somebody who works as a writer may think differently."

In Steinberg's estimation, the abovementioned actors are irreplaceable performers who must get credit for star turns that make their respective shows what they are.

"Perhaps somebody else could have played Tommy Gavin," Steinberg muses, "but it wouldn't be the role that it is without Denis. It's the same for Gandolfini and his role as well."

Steinberg stresses, however, that she doesn't discount the value of great writing in elevating an actor's performance.

"The beauty comes in when the writers actually listen to the actor and his tone and his inflections and what he does best and start writing toward that actor," she says.

Citing "Friends" as an example, Steinberg relates that while some of the actors were more natural comedic performers than others, the writers did such a good job of playing to each cast member's strengths that everyone "wound up looking like a comic genius." (Ultimately, five of the show's six stars were Emmy nominees and/or winners.)

As for three-time Emmy winner Shalhoub, Jeff Wachtel, exec VP of original programming at USA Network, says there is no denying that "Monk" creator Andy Breckman gave the actor the role of a lifetime in the obsessive-compulsive private detective. But then Shalhoub ran with it, Wachtel says, putting an imprint on the role that only he could and rising from well-respected character actor to lauded leading man. "I like to say that Andy builds the diving board every week, and Tony jumps off," Wachtel says. "So it's really a marriage of the writer and the actor, and I think in the best of the marriages -- ("House" creator) David Shore and Hugh Laurie, Andy Beckman and Tony Shalhoub, David Chase and James Gandolfini -- you find somebody who has created an extraordinary and original voice and then somebody who can really bring that to life."

THE STAR CATCHERNICHOLS SNAGS MORGAN & JAKE (full article)

August 15, 2007 -- POWERHOUSE direc tor Mike Nichols has two major proj ects lined up for next year: a revival of "The Country Girl," Clifford Odets' biting backstage drama from 1950; and "Farragut North," a new play about presidential politics that's to star Jake Gyllenhaal.

Nichols and his producer, Bill Haber ("Spamalot"), have lined up two major stars for "The Country Girl" and are searching for a third.

Morgan Freeman looks set to play Frank Elgin, the washed-up alcoholic actor trying to make a comeback in a new Broadway play, while Oscar winner Frances McDormand is in talks to play his long-suffering wife, Georgie.

For the role of the hot-shot young director, Nichols nearly settled on Tony Shalhoub, of "Monk" fame. But casting offices were buzzing this week that Nichols is now looking for a sexier, younger actor. A hunky William Holden played the director in the 1954 movie, in which Grace Kelly memorably described him as "crisp as lettuce."

It's hard to see Shalhoub playing crisp lettuce, but that may be because he's so damn good as the neurotic Monk. .........

".....looking for a sexier, younger actor" Posted Image

Posted Image

#9 GlassBell

GlassBell

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 10:36 AM

Oh, those are some disappointing comments. Granted, some roles are age-specific, and sooner or later every actor is confronted with age questions. But we all know TS could excel at "crisp lettuce" or at practically any other role given to him.

Anyway, thank you very much for the terrific reports, as usual, meta. Posted Image:)

Edited by GlassBell, 15 August 2007 - 10:40 AM.

#10 PinkieMONKER

PinkieMONKER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 10:40 AM

Posted Image[/url]

^
^
^
^
I agree with ya Metacomet!!

Edited by PinkieMONKER, 15 August 2007 - 10:41 AM.

OH I'M NO ONE'S WIFE BUT OOH I LOVE MY LIFE AND ALL- THAT -JAZZ!!!!

#11 Raven

Raven

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,827 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 06:31 PM

Disappointing comments is right! Tony is as sexy as a man can get. He is a superb actor and can handle any role.

#12 alex455

alex455

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,210 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 02:26 PM

The Point: Sometimes nice guys DO finish first

I'm referring, of course, to Tony Shalhoub's Adrian Monk. On the surface Monk is all about a detective with the world's worst case of OCD, but the show's trump card is Monk's deeply happy marriage, short though it was, to Trudy, a woman he adored.

Rest of this article
Sometimes nice guys Do finish first

Edited by alex455, 18 August 2007 - 02:28 PM.

#13 metacomet

metacomet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 11:02 PM

Blog Entry: Monk Secrets

Did you know Tony Shalhoub used a stunt double to run through a bumper car game? Then he tried it himself for a few takes. ????

The 2 pictures get bigger, when you click on them.

I wonder from which episode this scene might be :unsure: . Any ideas?

Posted Image

#14 Teresa1643

Teresa1643

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 23 September 2007 - 12:19 AM

Those are from the Birds and the Bees.
<i> I can't debate you if you talk gibberish that sounds kind of like something a chimney sweep from Mary Poppins would say.</i>

#15 metacomet

metacomet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts

Posted 23 September 2007 - 12:25 AM

Those are from the Birds and the Bees.

Thank you, Teresa :) . I haven´t seen this episode until now.

Posted Image

#16 alex455

alex455

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,210 posts

Posted 23 September 2007 - 02:29 AM

It was obvious (to me of course) that he have stunt double. For example he used stund double in eppy Mr. Monk and the Lepper, when Monk and Natalie were in the baloon. I think (I can be wrong) but he probably used stunt double in Mr. Monk is on the Air when he hit the guy Max Hudson...you remember why he hit him...I would hit him too if I could :P

#17 metacomet

metacomet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 11:07 AM

TV Characters with Disabilities – Adrian Monk

Posted Image

#18 metacomet

metacomet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 12:05 PM

Adrian Monk a tad overblown?

Posted on Thu, Oct. 25, 2007

Adrian Monk a tad overblown?
The TV character's quirks may be exaggerated, but not by much.

By Robert Biller

As with most things Hollywood, the idiosyncrasies exhibited by the eponymous protagonist of the television series Monk are overstated and atypical. Many germophobes successfully navigate life's seas without causing serious social ripples or drowning their loved ones in whirlpools of angst and obsession. Adrian Monk is a fascinating character in a popular show, but his antisocial behavior is exaggerated for comedic effect. more

Posted Image

#19 Ashley165

Ashley165

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 10:40 AM

I found this article from an Australian paper that discusses the political contributions of American celebs. It mentions Tony.

Ashley

#20 metacomet

metacomet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 02:41 PM

This is not really a "Monk" related article, but may be some of you are interested in it:

Scenes from right out of the movies (or TV)

Abridgement:

ACTRESS Brooke Adams is used to being on one side of the camera. But during a recent visit to the set of the TV series "Monk," which stars her husband Tony Shalhoub, Adams found herself behind the lens instead. The crew was on location at an old Italian villa in the California wine country and the light was just right, Adams recalls, so she snapped a photograph.

"It looked like we could have been in the Renaissance, except that there were all these guys and equipment everywhere," says Adams, who is known for her work in "Days of Heaven," "Gas Food Lodging" and "Invasion of the Body Snatchers." "So, I decided to give them all a Renaissance sensibility."................

Posted Image

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved