Advertisement

No Celebrity Endorsement Implied

Photo
- - - - -

Why Kind Of Car Does Shawn And Gus Drive?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 ZING

ZING

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 05:38 PM

I really love the little car they drive, does anyone know the make and model of the car and year??

#2 Bubba_Bridges

Bubba_Bridges

"Executive Assistant"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,456 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 05:44 PM

Hi Bubba here, ...

I really love the little car they drive, does anyone know the make and model of the car and year??

I hope I remembering this correctly, Gus drives a Toyota Yaris, formely known as the Toyota Echo hatchback. It is available in Canada but, not in the United States. I'm not certain about the year.

My Website: Monk Information Page (Bridges to Monk) My Favorite Radio Station: Smooth Jazz 98.9

"Forum Resident" and "Forum Watchdog"

#3 ZING

ZING

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 06:17 PM

Posted Image

#4 PrincessShawn

PrincessShawn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 07:42 PM

Posted Image

Thats not the same car. Gus' has four doors, or at least he does in American Duos. I'm really hoping I can maybe get one, so I hope they might be here in the US!!

Please help the Polar Bears! Simply type in polar bears under your charity, and search!

#5 ZING

ZING

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 08:02 PM

Posted Image

#6 PrincessShawn

PrincessShawn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 08:08 PM

Thats it!! Man, I want one so bad... but maybe in a bright yellow or orange. :P

Please help the Polar Bears! Simply type in polar bears under your charity, and search!

#7 ZING

ZING

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 08:18 PM

Thats it!! Man, I want one so bad... but maybe in a bright yellow or orange. :P

want one in the blue but with Psych all over it :D

#8 sarcasmlove

sarcasmlove

Super Psych-O

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,908 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 08:46 PM

Four Door Toyota Yaris. It's available in the United States, acutally within the last two weeks I've seen two on the road out here. Black and silver, I would have been more than thrilled if they were bright blue.
"I've been having this
reoccurring dream where I'm flying over
Auckland on the back of a swan made primarily of
cocoa, his name is Clem."

"If you can laugh at yourself loud
and hard every time you fall,
people will think you're drunk." -Conan O'Brien

#9 PrincessShawn

PrincessShawn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 11:54 AM

want one in the blue but with Psych all over it :D

I was thinking bright yellow with the psych logo in blue on the sides. maybe i could get james & Dulé's heads on it too. :D

#10 dallen

dallen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 06:39 PM

Well, being how good the members on this board are at identifying props on the show, how about something a little more challenging, say, identifying the kind of bracelet Shawn is wearing in the photos under his character profile? Here's one of the pics:
Posted Image
See there? On his right wrist?
Now I know it's a bracelet of some sort (god I hope it is a bracelet and I'm not making myself look like a dolt), but what kind? If you look at this image...
Posted Image
...it would appear to be braided, see the frayed end? So if anyone could tell me about this bracelet and if it has any significance. Thanks.

#11 Liv

Liv

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,951 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 07:39 AM

Well, being how good the members on this board are at identifying props on the show, how about something a little more challenging, say, identifying the kind of bracelet Shawn is wearing in the photos under his character profile? Here's one of the pics:
Posted Image
See there? On his right wrist?
Now I know it's a bracelet of some sort (god I hope it is a bracelet and I'm not making myself look like a dolt), but what kind? If you look at this image...
Posted Image
...it would appear to be braided, see the frayed end? So if anyone could tell me about this bracelet and if it has any significance. Thanks.

It's not braided, it's woven and flat as opposed to round, I think, and I believe that it might be what we used to call a friendship bracelet. I don't know what they are called now or if the friendship bracelet was just what people in my area called them, but if it's what I think it is, my kids have gotten them out of bubble gum machines, toy cranes and as prizes for tickets at arcades and carnivals in the last few years. I can make one very similar in seed beads, even copy the pattern, by weaving it on a bead loom, though. It wouldn't have the frayed knot end, and it wouldn't be that fiber material though. I've actually made bracelets in a similar pattern like that one before. It's really simple to do and if you are interested in making one for yourself I could probably find you some links to teach you how and I could even draw up the pattern for you.
Geocities ate my Timeline! :(

#12 PrincessShawn

PrincessShawn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 09:26 AM

What about the silver chain he wears around his neck in most episodes? Shawn Spencer claims he doesnt like jewelry in Poker, so is it James'? And what could be attached to it, if anything?

#13 dallen

dallen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 12:11 PM

Now that I think about it, that is a good question PrincessShawn. I think I'm gonna do a little sluthing, I'll get back with all of you soon. Oh yeah, and Liv, thanks for the tip, I'd love some links if it's not too much trouble. (I have to say, I feel a little silly, like a giddy, 11-year-old girl, trying to duplicate Shawn's bracelet!)

#14 dallen

dallen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 02:23 PM

Background: Shawn Spencer (Psych) states in Poker? I Barely Know Her that he doesn't wear jewelery, yet he is seen in many episodes wearing a chain around his neck.

Case: Is the chain part of Shawn's character or does it belong to James Roday?

Evidence:
Here is an image of Shawn from Poker? I Barely Know Her:
Posted Image
There it it, the chain PrincessShawn was talking about.
We also see the chain in several of the Psych photo shoots, such as this one:Posted Image
PrincessShawn wondered if the chain might be James', so lets see...
Here is an image of James Roday at USA Upfront 2007:
Posted Image
I believe this image gives us our answer. If you look closely to the left of his neck (our left, his right) you can see just a little of a chain. The chain appears to be identical to the one we see in Psych and the photo shoots.

Conclusion: These findings lead me to believe that the chain is indeed James', as he is seen wearing it consistently, on and off the set of Psych, however I will not even begin to speculate what is on the chain, that is, assuming there is something on the chain.

Final Notes:
I do not mean to present any of the above as fact, as it is purely speculation and deduction.
I hope this isn't too creepy for James, if it is, just say so.
I apologize for the corny format I wrote this post in, even I had trouble keeping a straight face while writing this.

Well, this was fun, but it's about time I went off to work.

6 hrs 37 mins until Psych

#15 PrincessShawn

PrincessShawn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 03:19 PM

(lmao.) Great work dallen. You should be proud, as we all are, of your findings. Please keep us posted on any further developments.

#16 dallen

dallen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 07:31 PM

*Clutches heart Shawn Spencer style*
No reason to be sarcastic PrincessShawn. LoL
:D

#17 PrincessShawn

PrincessShawn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 05:25 PM

*Clutches heart Shawn Spencer style*
No reason to be sarcastic PrincessShawn. LoL
:D

I was trying to follow your... spy-on-a-mission typing thing... yeah.

#18 GOODTIMES

GOODTIMES

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 July 2007 - 03:28 AM

Hi Bubba here, ...

I hope I remembering this correctly, Gus drives a Toyota Yaris, formely known as the Toyota Echo hatchback. It is available in Canada but, not in the United States. I'm not certain about the year.

My sister owns one 3 door, (NOTE: RS 5-door is a Canadian model. US buyers choose from 3- or 4-door base and 4-door Yaris S.). It's a TOYOTA YARIS LIFTBACK in Blazing Blue Metallic not sure what package it is (there are three packages).

Edited by GOODTIMES, 28 July 2007 - 03:43 AM.

#19 Cymbeline

Cymbeline

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 11:21 PM

I love that little car. It also reminds me of one of the Mazda models of the same color and size.

Loved the investigative work, dallen. :)

#20 Liv

Liv

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,951 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 01:53 PM

Now that I think about it, that is a good question PrincessShawn. I think I'm gonna do a little sluthing, I'll get back with all of you soon. Oh yeah, and Liv, thanks for the tip, I'd love some links if it's not too much trouble. (I have to say, I feel a little silly, like a giddy, 11-year-old girl, trying to duplicate Shawn's bracelet!)

I forgot that I had offered to find links, sorry it took so long to get this to you.Bead loom instructions
Geocities ate my Timeline! :(

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved