• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 GroovyGuru

GroovyGuru

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 07:36 AM

It is as if the writers gave the show a shot of the illegally obtainable Promicin. And now, it has a 50/50 chance of either dying or becoming something super. In my opinion, I don't think it's heading towards survival.

It seems apparent that they've dropped the whole "chain reaction" approach and are moving into a completely different angle: war. Wasn't the whole premise of the show supposed to be about the 4400 people and how their powers were individually tailored to prevent the exact things which are now happening?

The writers have dropped perfectly good characters which most of the viewers have come to enjoy: Nina, Richard, Alana. Alana we all knew was going to disappear, but what's the deal with Richard and Nina?

I personally am not sure if I want to remain loyal to this show any longer - it has changed too much. What bothers me the most is that, if it continues on for a fifth season, are the writers going to go and reformat the show again?

To quote Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz: "My goodness, people come and go so quickly around here."

To quote Arthur from Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy: "I seem to be having this tremendous difficulty with my lifestyle. As soon as I reach some kind of definite policy about what is my kind of music and my kind of restaurant, and my kind of overdraft, people start blowing up my kind of planet and throwing me out of their kind of spaceships. It’s so hard to build up anything coherent…" Indeed, or perhaps, 'my kind of television show.'

#2 boooey

boooey

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 03:45 PM

It is as if the writers gave the show a shot of the illegally obtainable Promicin. And now, it has a 50/50 chance of either dying or becoming something super. In my opinion, I don't think it's heading towards survival.

It seems apparent that they've dropped the whole "chain reaction" approach and are moving into a completely different angle: war. Wasn't the whole premise of the show supposed to be about the 4400 people and how their powers were individually tailored to prevent the exact things which are now happening?

The writers have dropped perfectly good characters which most of the viewers have come to enjoy: Nina, Richard, Alana. Alana we all knew was going to disappear, but what's the deal with Richard and Nina?

I personally am not sure if I want to remain loyal to this show any longer - it has changed too much. What bothers me the most is that, if it continues on for a fifth season, are the writers going to go and reformat the show again?

To quote Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz: "My goodness, people come and go so quickly around here."

To quote Arthur from Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy: "I seem to be having this tremendous difficulty with my lifestyle. As soon as I reach some kind of definite policy about what is my kind of music and my kind of restaurant, and my kind of overdraft, people start blowing up my kind of planet and throwing me out of their kind of spaceships. It’s so hard to build up anything coherent…" Indeed, or perhaps, 'my kind of television show.'

i agree for the most part, and have been saying all along that they have lost their way since season 2..
they have been raising more questions than they have been answering, and there seems to be a lot of plot holes developing, actors disappearing for x number of episodes, and they are now going off in a religious direction, which a LOT of people really do not like.

but we are also only 2 episodes into the season. i would give it some more time, as i think the show deserves it.

but be careful, a lot of people around here don't wanna hear any negative feedback on the show, they take it very personal, and want you to back up your opinions with a journal of show notes on why you feel this way. :unsure:

#3 Bubba_Bridges

Bubba_Bridges

"Executive Assistant"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,456 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 10:19 PM

Hi Bubba here, ...

I believe it was said here, that Richard will return later on in the season.

My Website: Monk Information Page (Bridges to Monk) My Favorite Radio Station: Smooth Jazz 98.9

"Forum Resident" and "Forum Watchdog"

#4 Chewy

Chewy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 03:46 PM

Groovyguru, you make some great points. I usually check to see who the writers on each episode are and for each season. Because I like to know how much input the original creators have, since the original idea came from them. "The Wrath of Graham" was written by the creators of the show, and while I enjoyed the whole bit about Messiah Envy (I guess Kevin and Marco are the comic relief this season, I did enjoy Marco's "extra crispies" line). Whether working on other projects and passing the show on to others on their creative staff, or just plan running out of ideas (I believe the show was only supposed to be a mini-series, but maybe someone else has info on that. I thought I read it on this board somewhere about the original length was supposed to be shorter) or budget constraints (you mentioned actors leaving, I'm pretty sure Laura Allen left because they couldn't come to terms on her contract, and now Samatha Ferris was let go because the show wanted a new love interest for Tom, and something to do with her salary (someone was kind enough to post an interview with her on another thread, and you can read exactly what she had to say. I think the thread is "Will Nina Jarvis Return?"I guess it's just not easy to write for today's serial dramas. While the show wasn't scifi, I really enjoyed Geena Davis as the first female president on ABC's "Commander in Chief" (but Kyra Segwick in "The Closer" has lessened my disappointment). But the writer for that show couldn't crank out scripts fast enough once the show became a hit, then someone else took over writing it, and from there a formerly top ten show whose star won an emmy wound up being canceled. I like to watch the old Twilight Zone episodes on Scifi channel. What great writing! but then again, with guest writers like Ray Bradbury and even Rod Serling adding their genius, no wonder that show was so good.

Too bad the budget won't allow for some of the most creative scifi authors to contribute to a few episodes, like the TWilight Zone did.

Edited by Chewy, 27 June 2007 - 05:57 PM.

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved