• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 wantoknow2

wantoknow2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 10:44 PM

So is Natalie's character pregnant or is she in real life? They are not doing so good hiding it on the show. I have been wondering for the longest time, why did Sharona leave the show? I like Natalie, but I miss Sharona. ;)

#2 kees_lady

kees_lady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,300 posts

Posted 24 February 2007 - 05:44 PM

Since you asked you deserve an answer. Sharona left the show by mutual consent by all parties involved. Her storyline had her moving back to NJ to remarry her ex.

The character of Natalie is not pregnant but Traylor Howard was pregnant. She had a baby boy in November and named him Sabu.

Edited by kees_lady, 24 February 2007 - 05:48 PM.

Sticks and Stones, Cross skulls and Bones,
None of You can Hurt me.

Cartoons and pictures, Words said in Whispers
The Ramblings of Sick Purple People Eaters.

The best place for you is a place called Bellevue
Where the doctors can try to fix you.

Psychotic drugs, electric shock plugs
Are the best cures for whatever ails you.

When all's said and done and your gray matter's dung
You won't have a brain left between you.

#3 monkplatz

monkplatz

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 10:12 AM

So is Natalie's character pregnant or is she in real life? They are not doing so good hiding it on the show. ;)

I agree. They did a much better job hiding Traylor's pregnancy in Leper and Makes a Friend than they did in Dead Guy. That first night in the autopsy room she's just huge, and I thought the director could have finessed it better.

#4 Tim_Boston

Tim_Boston

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 11:14 AM

Since you asked you deserve an answer. Sharona left the show by mutual consent by all parties involved. Her storyline had her moving back to NJ to remarry her ex.

The character of Natalie is not pregnant but Traylor Howard was pregnant. She had a baby boy in November and named him Sabu.

Wow! Traylor had the baby? I never even noticed her pregnant on the show. I remember when I heard the news that Traylor was pregnant and was wondering how she would work her character with that. Maybe with her leg in a cast propped up in a hospital bed in a medical gown. But none of that. As a matter of fact, Traylor looked hotter than ever this season. The episode with Dr Kroger retiring his practice, and his office was a crime scene, there is a scene with Monk and Natalie and Natalie was in heels and her legs looked good. Then I watched some older episodes and she has done alot to glamorize herself. I am wondering if she is thinking of moving on to bigger and better things- Law and Order? The movies?
Finally, the latest book the Blue Flu- there is a preview to the next book the Two Assistants- and Natalie says that "Sharona is Back!" I wonder if that will get worked into a tv episode.
As far as characters Natalie versus Sharona- Sharona is better for Monk. Sharona is a nurse and alot of Monk's issues are medical concerns. Although I personally prefer Natalie. She reminds me of some girls in college I used to date. Sharona is too aggressive and tough. Natalie is more gentle and demure and more feminine. Natalie can be tough, like when she kicked that intruder's butt in a past episode-but she is more of a lady than Sharona. Sharona is a tough broad but most Monk fans prefer her as his assistant. Maybe Sharona is more of what Monk needs in an assistant.
"I have a dream that one day all of the hippies and all of the straights will live together in harmony- but not too close- because of the smell"

#5 Tim_Boston

Tim_Boston

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 12:58 PM

I agree. They did a much better job hiding Traylor's pregnancy in Leper and Makes a Friend than they did in Dead Guy. That first night in the autopsy room she's just huge, and I thought the director could have finessed it better.

I never even noticed. I must be stupid. Or maybe it's a guy thing. And she seems to wear high heels alot. That must have been challenging with the extra weight. And she wore big heels. Clomp, clomp- not very realistic for a detective's assistant. She could have killed herself on the grass.
I have seen Leper and Makes a Friend and nothing stood out about Natalie.
In the Leper on she's sucking face with Doctor Leper. Then she drank mouthwash. First she's gargling- then she is actually drinking the Scope. Ladies don't try that one at home- especially while pregnant.
"I have a dream that one day all of the hippies and all of the straights will live together in harmony- but not too close- because of the smell"

#6 Raven

Raven

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,827 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 08:08 PM

TrayLor, TrayLor, you do know her name is Traylor and not Traylor? ;) Sorry but that was really bothering me! :lol:

Edited by Raven, 26 February 2007 - 08:08 PM.

#7 Jungle_Chad

Jungle_Chad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 05:15 AM

Hi all,
Traylor didn't seem pregnant in "Mr. Monk & The Leper." It was probably just concealed better in that show. Not only that, but the scenes in which she was running, carrying and then climbing a ladder (with her back to the camera), falling out of a hot air balloon basket, etc., I'm sure were done by a stunt double. In "Mr. Monk Is At Your Service," she actually had to appear pregnant much of the time and probably was. In "Mr. Monk Is On The Air," Traylor was her normal slim self again, as though either she had already had the baby . . . or the episode had been filmed before she ever even got pregnant. Then in the next episode, "Mr. Monk Visits A Farm," she was seen only briefly near the beginning of the show and was hiding behind a big box the whole time. I figured that episode was filmed the week she had the baby. But then in this latest episode, "Mr. Monk & The Really, Really Dead Guy," she was apparently pregnant again. It seems, the episodes are not being shown in the order in which they were filmed, and maybe "Mr. Monk Is On The Air" was the most recently filmed. Either that or it was filmed almost a year ago. Am I makinmg any sense? It's very early.

Chad

"I'm not sayin' I'll be sorry,
For all the things that I might say that make you cry;
I can't say I'll always do,
The things you want me to;
I'm not sayin' I'll be true
But I'll try." -- Gordon Lightfoot ("I'm Not Sayin'"/Gordon Lightfoot)

#8 Raven

Raven

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,827 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 08:01 AM

You're right, the episodes aren't aired in the order that they were filmed.

#9 Bubba_Bridges

Bubba_Bridges

"Executive Assistant"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,456 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 08:15 AM

Hi Bubba here, I believe this was the way they were filmed.

Mr. Monk Can't See A Thing (#501)

Mr. Monk and The Garbage Strike (#502)

Mr. Monk and The Actor (#503)

Mr. Monk and The Big Game (#504)

Mr. Monk. Private Eye (#505)

Mr. Monk Gets A New Shrink (#506)

Mr. Monk Goes To A Rock Concert (#507)

Mr. Monk and The Class Reunion (#508)

Mr. Monk Meets His Dad (#509)

Mr. Monk and The Leper (#511)

Mr. Monk Makes A Friend (#512)

Mr. Monk Is At Your Service (#513)

Mr. Monk Is On The Air (#514)

Mr. Monk Visits A Farm (#516)

Mr. Monk and The Really, Really Dead Guy (#517)

Mr. Monk Goes To The Hospital was probably filmed before Mr. Monk Visits A Farm. :unsure:

My Website: Monk Information Page (Bridges to Monk) My Favorite Radio Station: Smooth Jazz 98.9

"Forum Resident" and "Forum Watchdog"

#10 ILuvLeland

ILuvLeland

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 09:55 AM

You could tell she was pregnant in Mr. Monk and the Leper, although probably not that far along. When she is carrying the ladder dress in all black, her head and face are concealed entirely with the hood. When she is shown again, the hood is only half way on her head and her blonde hair is falling out of the hood. In the scene where she is carrying the ladder (2nd time) dressed in the skirt, look at the legs/ankles. They are thicker than they are when she is walking with Mr. Monk. When they are in the hot air balloon, they are stunt people. Monks stunt double is very obvious -- hair much thicker and bushier than his own, but if you look close, you can see it's not Traylor.

Also at the end, when she is dressed up you can tell. She is not concealing the bump, but then when Dr. Leper hands her the flowers she holds them near her belly to try to conceal the bump.

;)

#11 monkplatz

monkplatz

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 10:17 AM

Hi all,
Traylor didn't seem pregnant in "Mr. Monk & The Leper." It was probably just concealed better in that show. Not only that, but the scenes in which she was running, carrying and then climbing a ladder (with her back to the camera), falling out of a hot air balloon basket, etc., I'm sure were done by a stunt double. In "Mr. Monk Is At Your Service," she actually had to appear pregnant much of the time and probably was. In "Mr. Monk Is On The Air," Traylor was her normal slim self again, as though either she had already had the baby . . . or the episode had been filmed before she ever even got pregnant. Then in the next episode, "Mr. Monk Visits A Farm," she was seen only briefly near the beginning of the show and was hiding behind a big box the whole time. I figured that episode was filmed the week she had the baby. But then in this latest episode, "Mr. Monk & The Really, Really Dead Guy," she was apparently pregnant again. It seems, the episodes are not being shown in the order in which they were filmed, and maybe "Mr. Monk Is On The Air" was the most recently filmed. Either that or it was filmed almost a year ago. Am I makinmg any sense? It's very early.

I believe someone has posted elsewhere that On the Air was filmed in May, before Traylor was showing, which to me makes total sense. Just look at her hair. The length and style fit better with Shrink or Class Reunion than they do with the cut in Leper, etc. My rule of thumb for Season Five therefore is short hair = Traylor must be showing, long hair = she's not. And you're right. The woman in the ladder scenes, etc. in Leper appears to be a stunt double. Her facial contours and her legs look a bit different from Traylor's, as ILuvLeland points out. (Sorry to be duplicative, ILuv -- I was finishing this just as you posted.)

In Leper the only scene where I could really detect a tummy bulge was when Natalie runs in from her date and washes her mouth out at the kitchen sink, but it's only for a couple of nanoseconds and she's wearing a dark red dress, so if you didn't know about the situation you couldn't really spot it. Other than that, in Leper they probably used double as we said and concealed Traylor's stomach behind lamps, flowers, newspapers, etc.

They also do a pretty good job of hiding her in Makes a Friend, although there's one shot in Monk's kitchen, after Hal arrives, where Natalie appears to have a distinct bulge. In the very next shot of her, though, her stomach is hidden behind a cup or something, which suggests that someone spotted the problem and tried to fix it. It's a shame they didn't have the time/money to go back and redo the first shot, for that would have made that part of the scene fairly seamless. If you look carefully you can also detect a bulge when Natalie's reading the "Hockey for Dummies"-type book.

As for Farm, I believe I've heard elsewhere also that that episode was filmed last and would therefore be the closest to Traylor's delivery, as you surmise.

Overall, I think producers didn't do that bad a job concealing Traylor's condition, given that "Monk" is an action show, and even though the bulge-spotting can get distracting at times, my hat goes off to everyone involved for accommodating a working mother-to-be.

#12 Tim_Boston

Tim_Boston

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 08:54 AM

TrayLor, TrayLor, you do know her name is Traylor and not Traylor? Sorry but that was really bothering me!
Sorry, there is no Monk spellcheck. I often mispell Adriann Adrien, Adrian- so I stick with Mr Monk. Sharona is easier to spell. Is that actresses name Betty? Oh no, maybe it's not. Here comes another correctamundo

#13 kees_lady

kees_lady

• Members
  • 7,300 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 01:36 AM

TrayLor, TrayLor, you do know her name is Traylor and not Traylor? Sorry but that was really bothering me!
Sorry, there is no Monk spellcheck. I often mispell Adriann Adrien, Adrian- so I stick with Mr Monk. Sharona is easier to spell. Is that actresses name Betty? Oh no, maybe it's not. Here comes another correctamundo

Tim, either she didn't make much of an impression on you or you just liked her as Sharona better; her name is Bitty Schram, thats B-I-T-T-Y......... :P but, that's OK 'cause you spelled Sharona right.
I'll stop teasing with you now, see.....I have this really big grin on my face :D .

None of You can Hurt me.

#14 Jungle_Chad

Jungle_Chad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 03:01 AM

monkplatz,

Regarding that scene in Adrian's kitchen in "Mr. Monk Makes A Friend," Traylor appears to have a couple of other attributes looking a bit larger than they normally do also . . . if you know what I mean.

And yes, over all, the makers of the show did do a pretty good job of hiding this.

Chad

"The sandman has come from too far away,
For you to say 'Come back some other day';

And though you don't believe that they do,
They do come true;
For, did my dreams
Come true when I looked at you." -- Stevie Wonder ("Overjoyed"/Stevie Wonder)

Edited by Jungle_Chad, 01 March 2007 - 03:04 AM.

#15 Raven

Raven

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,827 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 09:47 AM

Sabu means Lion in Arabic, I believe someone mentioned here once. I think Tony must like that name.
I'm glad you like Natalie so much! I love her, she's great!

In Sharona's defense, remember she was a Jersey girl, kinda brash and no-nonsense, but she obviously cared for Adrian, she did get him functioning again, and out of the house.

Me and Aldebaran have discussed Sharona alot, and we think that she was partly developed the way she was for a contrast between the neat, tidy, buttoned-up conservative Adrian and his bold, brassy, street-smart sidekick.

Edited by Raven, 01 March 2007 - 10:03 AM.

#16 monkplatz

monkplatz

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 10:18 AM

Regarding that scene in Adrian's kitchen in "Mr. Monk Makes A Friend," Traylor appears to have a couple of other attributes looking a bit larger than they normally do also . . . if you know what I mean.

I do indeed. I just wasn't going to say it.

#17 kees_lady

kees_lady

• Members
  • 7,300 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 01:45 PM

Sabu means Lion in Arabic, I believe someone mentioned here once. I think Tony must like that name.
I'm glad you like Natalie so much! I love her, she's great!

In Sharona's defense, remember she was a Jersey girl, kinda brash and no-nonsense, but she obviously cared for Adrian, she did get him functioning again, and out of the house.

Me and Aldebaran have discussed Sharona alot, and we think that she was partly developed the way she was for a contrast between the neat, tidy, buttoned-up conservative Adrian and his bold, brassy, street-smart sidekick.

Raven, I think you and Aldebaran are probably right-on about Sharona. I did really like her and I had plenty of laughs over the two of them interacting together. It wasn't until I came to this forum that I began to have other thoughts between the way Sharona treated Adrian and how Natalie treats Adrian. I started putting myself in his place and comparing my panic/agoraphobia with Adrian's OCD/panic attacks that I began to see Sharona in a different way. For myself, a Sharona rolling her eyes, leaving me alone in Mexico while she drank beer with the guys would have made my condition worse. Feeling made fun of in that street smart way, being deserted in a strange place like Mexico would have just made my condition worse - frantic even.

When Natalie joined the cast as assistant I saw a different way of responding to Adrian and thought, "yeah, that's the way someone like Adrian/myself should be treated." Her willingness to learn his quirky ways and the way she distracted him away from himself is exactly how I was treated which is when I finally began to get over the panicky feelings and started getting out of the house. Sharona did a great job of getting Adrian out of his catonic state after Trudy died but she didn't move on and take the next step forward with him, instead she let him drift along without changing her behavior toward him. Natalie is a little pushy, like a mom with a child pushing them along to achieve a higher potential. Natalie pushes Adrian to get beyond the moment and back into the present and her logical approach and obvious affectionate touch gives Adrian the incentive to move that little step forward and cope a little better with the world outside his OCD mindset.

None of You can Hurt me.

#18 monkplatz

monkplatz

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 02:21 PM

Raven, I think you and Aldebaran are probably right-on about Sharona. I did really like her and I had plenty of laughs over the two of them interacting together. It wasn't until I came to this forum that I began to have other thoughts between the way Sharona treated Adrian and how Natalie treats Adrian. I started putting myself in his place and comparing my panic/agoraphobia with Adrian's OCD/panic attacks that I began to see Sharona in a different way. For myself, a Sharona rolling her eyes, leaving me alone in Mexico while she drank beer with the guys would have made my condition worse. Feeling made fun of in that street smart way, being deserted in a strange place like Mexico would have just made my condition worse - frantic even.

When Natalie joined the cast as assistant I saw a different way of responding to Adrian and thought, "yeah, that's the way someone like Adrian/myself should be treated." Her willingness to learn his quirky ways and the way she distracted him away from himself is exactly how I was treated which is when I finally began to get over the panicky feelings and started getting out of the house. Sharona did a great job of getting Adrian out of his catonic state after Trudy died but she didn't move on and take the next step forward with him, instead she let him drift along without changing her behavior toward him. Natalie is a little pushy, like a mom with a child pushing them along to achieve a higher potential. Natalie pushes Adrian to get beyond the moment and back into the present and her logical approach and obvious affectionate touch gives Adrian the incentive to move that little step forward and cope a little better with the world outside his OCD mindset.

Very well put, KL. As I have said elsewhere, both Sharona and Natalie bring their own unique strengths to the show. Natalie, as you point out, represents a next step for Monk (which, as I understand it, is exactly what the producers intended for the character) so in that sense she is very good for him. Now if only we can make the people still in Sharona-withdrawal see that.

#19 DarkPrince

DarkPrince

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 03:45 PM

Very well put, KL. As I have said elsewhere, both Sharona and Natalie bring their own unique strengths to the show. Natalie, as you point out, represents a next step for Monk (which, as I understand it, is exactly what the producers intended for the character) so in that sense she is very good for him. Now if only we can make the people still in Sharona-withdrawal see that.

I didn't really notice either maybe you're right it's a guy thing lol I think maybe I should pay more attention to the show other than just watching monk do his thing.

Sharona was like hot though. :)
http://www.screencap...ads-brosnan.jpg

I love Kelli :) The world is gone I must carry you. __ Paul Celan

Samygirl2010 Is Awesome :) :ph34r:
http://slogan4u.com?kw=Kradle <center><big>Kradle the best part of the day.</big><br>
<a href="http://slogan4u.com?kw=Kradle">
<small>Slogan Generator</small></a></center>

Smart people choose Mr. Kradle .

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved