• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ncp

ncp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 05:06 PM

Only three hounds have ever won Best in SHow at Westminster, and they've all been Afghans or whippets-- ornamental-looking hounds, not hounds that look like they've ever been on a hunt. The last hound to win Best in Show was 24 years ago.

What do you think that is?

#2 karit25

karit25

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 09:11 PM

That's a great question, really. I admit, I am not an expert, by any means, but I have watched these things for years and know a bit about dogs. When looking at the stats for the past shows, I am always a little shocked at what kind of dog HASN'T won before. I guess it just depends on the year, the competition and all of that. It seems a shame some years, b/c I think some should have won when maybe they didn't. I guess that's true for any competition, isn't it? I usually have my favorites in each group and always have my standard favorite breeds, but I try not to let that influence what I think a deserving dog might be that year. It's hard, though, ya know? There have certainly been years when I thought a hound should have won it, just as with other groups, but I'm not in the ring judging...unfortunately! lol! Sometimes, it just seems the bigger dogs (as not all hounds are, I know) seem to get less attention than some of the smaller one's....IDK...just my opinion. Great comment!

#3 dunbrine47

dunbrine47

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 05:36 PM

I bring news from the future...oh wait......this is the future according to the OP.

#4 btrfly7

btrfly7

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 07:59 PM

Hi...New to Forum..
Looking to see :unsure: if WKC will air another showing of the show this past weekend....? Anyone know if it will be re - broadcast?
I missed it and usually catch it every year. There is another dog show in April not sure which one that is....

Thanks in advance for your help :)

#5 klaranne

klaranne

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 05:33 PM

The information below is incorrect.

Only three hounds have ever won Best in SHow at Westminster, and they've all been Afghans or whippets-- ornamental-looking hounds, not hounds that look like they've ever been on a hunt. The last hound to win Best in Show was 24 years ago.

The Scottish Deer Hound from the Hound group went Best In Show Last year.

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved