• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 MrEMann

MrEMann

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,469 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 04:43 AM

We seem to have lot of "south-central" folks around here (south-central, as in Texas, Oklahoma, etc), so I thought I'd post about this. I know this news affects at least one boardie who's a performer on the Oklahoma Rodeo Opry. Maybe more.

Grant Leftwich, who started the Oklahoma Opry 30 years ago and then the Oklahoma Centennial Rodeo Opry when the OK Opry stopped their weekly showcases 2 years ago, passed away on New Year's Eve. He was 77.

You can get more info here

My sympathies to anyone who's had the honor of working with or knowing Mr. Leftwich. :( I've "met" 3-4 artists in the past year (1 signed, 3 indies) who've performed at the Opry's in Oklahoma. Incredible talents, all of them. The man knew his stuff.

#2 Countrystarbob

Countrystarbob

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 05:19 PM

I am glad that Grant will also be remembered on this board. He was a wonderful person and he is a true legend. I know that we have a some board members who have also performed at his venues.
I met Grant while auditioning for the second Nashville Star season and ended up singing at the Oklahoma Opry on the same night. Ever since Grant invited me back and everytime I came to the US I had the honor to perform at the Rodeo Opry. He even produced my live CD which would not have been possible without him and his wonderful band. He became a true friend and I was shocked to learn about his sudden illness. He has helped so many up and coming entertainers and you could always tell his love for country music and his Opry. The world has lost an exceptional man and as one of the condolence mails said, he will certainly be casting angels for Godīs choir now and looking down on those wonderful shows that he started and which will hopefully continue for a long time. I am very, very sad!

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved