#1 OliviaFan

OliviaFan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 09:53 PM

I was on wikipedia(sp?) and i found this:

The Real NYPD "Major Case Squad"

The NYPD does have a "Major Case Squad" but unlike the Major Case Squad on Criminal Intent, the real "Major Case Squad" Only handles the following types of cases.

* Kidnappings as directed by the Chief of Detectives
* Burglary or Attempted Burglary of a bank or bank safe
* Larceny by extortion or attempt, from a bank
* Robbery or attempted of a bank by a perpetrator not armed
* Burglary of a truck contents over $100,000
* Larceny of a truck contents over $100,000
* Robbery of a truck and contents by hijacking
* All robberies in warehouse depots or similar locations where the objects of the crime is a truck or its contents
* All commercial burglaries in which the value of the property stolen exceeds $100,000
* Art Theft

The "Major Case Squad" does not investigate homicides. All homicide investigations are conducted by precinct detective squads and borough homicide squads.

what do you think of that? no homicides. I think it would not be as fun as i thought to be in MCS. Not that murder is fun but it is certainly more interesting than dealing just with burglaries or fraud. not that it is a bad thing what they do just not my kind of thing.

#2 gorenfan330

gorenfan330

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,359 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 09:56 PM

I was on wikipedia(sp?) and i found this:

The Real NYPD "Major Case Squad"

The NYPD does have a "Major Case Squad" but unlike the Major Case Squad on Criminal Intent, the real "Major Case Squad" Only handles the following types of cases.

* Kidnappings as directed by the Chief of Detectives
* Burglary or Attempted Burglary of a bank or bank safe
* Larceny by extortion or attempt, from a bank
* Robbery or attempted of a bank by a perpetrator not armed
* Burglary of a truck contents over $100,000
* Larceny of a truck contents over $100,000
* Robbery of a truck and contents by hijacking
* All robberies in warehouse depots or similar locations where the objects of the crime is a truck or its contents
* All commercial burglaries in which the value of the property stolen exceeds $100,000
* Art Theft

The "Major Case Squad" does not investigate homicides. All homicide investigations are conducted by precinct detective squads and borough homicide squads.

what do you think of that? no homicides. I think it would not be as fun as i thought to be in MCS. Not that murder is fun but it is certainly more interesting than dealing just with burglaries or fraud. not that it is a bad thing what they do just not my kind of thing.

I've heard that before. I agree with you, a burglary is not the same as a murder. A good mystery needs a murder. Thanks for the info, Oliviafan!

#3 yankeesfan

yankeesfan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,146 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 10:55 PM

I remember when I saw that for the first time. I started thinking of every eppy I knew to see what kind of case it was and why Major Case got the case.

I'm still confused as to the reason they get certain cases. Like in Gone, why did they get that case? There was a body in a dumpster, that was it.

Edited by yankeesfan, 27 December 2006 - 11:05 PM.

My Recently Played Tracks

#4 OliviaFan

OliviaFan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts

Posted 14 January 2007 - 11:03 AM

They were related to some one famous it think.

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved