18 replies to this topic

#1 Tami

Tami

Monk Magnet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 01:55 AM

With all due respect to AylaMarie's floor plan posted at the old USA Board, I've constructed my own guesstimation of the floor plan of Adrian's apartment, using a bunch of screen caps I've accumulated through the years. The positioning of the photos is such that if you rotate the image until the photo is in the correct orientation, that's the view you'd get of the room. I'm still working on a way to show what's on the walls of the the hallway, and I didn't put in all of the lamps and moveable tables.

The pink arrows and anything pink are best guesses, but I know the tub or shower is on that side because you can see the curtain in "Gets Fired" ~~ Whether it's a tub or stall shower is unknown (but usually a curtain like that indicates a tub), as is the position of the toilet. I don't want to get into the debate about whether or not there's a toilet in that bathroom.

So, except for anything in the hallway, please let me know what I've missed or gotten askew. Yes, please be the askew police!

CLICK HERE to see Adrian's Apartment

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming
that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted
~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

#2 Og_Of_The_Jungle

Og_Of_The_Jungle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,603 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 04:21 AM

Wow!

That's pretty much the way that I had expected it to look, except that we still don't know where the door in Adrian's bedroom goes... The one that Leland threw the bag into.

And how did Dr. K. get into the apartment in Mr. and Mrs.?

Unless, of course, that's a secret door that opens into the parking garage... No, that's doesn't make much sense -- hardly any really...
I could be wrong, but, you know, I'm not.
(( The password is "amaromacs". ))

Election 2008

#3 Liv

Liv

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,951 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 05:30 AM

That door leads outside. The one in Adrian's bedroom. In the Candidate credits, when he's going to floss his teeth in front of the full length mirror, you see a door with a window in thetop half and a set of blinds over the window. I used to have a cap of it and I had a floorplan of the apartment too, that I had done in Sims2 but when my hard drive died I lostr it along with about a ton and a half of caps.

But its hard to do a 100% accurate floor plan on a computer or at all because despite his telling Natalie 'Don't change anything' there have been subtle changes to the apartment over time. Like in season one there was a bar or kind of half wall in the kitchen, but it was only there for a few episodes. The doorway to the living room has shifted slightly or maybe it was the addition of the doorfacing that makes it seem that way. But I think you can see the difference in the livingroom entryway and that bar, IIRC, un Marathon Man, the scene where Adrian is doing his stretches in the gray sweats when the solution to how Trevor McDowel did it comes to him. Also, in the first episodes he didn't have a couch and coffee table in his livingroom and I guess out of necessity, the island in his kitchen appears and disappears like the livingroom rug. It's missing in Very Very Old Man when he's talking to the captain about showerheads and Karen's movie. Yeah, you can see that in the cap just behind the stove on this floorplan.

And something I noticed when I made my own floorplan that kind of gives it away that its a set instead of a real apartment is that there is a window in every wall. I don't mean like in the hallway but all the walls that would be an outter wall in a house. If he did live in an apartment, there would have to be at least one wall he shared with a neighbor and there would be no windows in that wall because they would just look into his neighbor's apartment. Most likely the windows over his sink and in his diningroom wouldn't be there since the hallway outside seems to end just past his front door.

I should remake his floorplan again but in Sims 2 you can't put furniture at angles and you have to substitute some of the things because they don't have all of Adrian's furniture. The Mission style furnture on the regular Sims gams though, is very similar to his coffe table, end table and dining room set, IIRC. I wish I could just import some of the things from there into the Sims2 game.
Geocities ate my Timeline! :(

#4 Chloe

Chloe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 09:24 AM

Nice, Tami, VERY nice! You ought to make the "Monk Resource" online or something. LOL! You're really great at this!

By the way, I love the added touch of putting all the photos in WITH the floorplan- very cool.

Kudos!

#5 Aldebaran

Aldebaran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 10:10 AM

Tami--this is terrific! Thanks so much for doing it up and sharing it. How does one (or me for that matter) rotate the image?

Deb
~~~Aldebaran

#6 Mel

Mel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 01:16 PM

Wow Tami! Its great! Much better than anything I coould have ever done!
Strawberry Fields Forever

Class of 2007!

#7 Tami

Tami

Monk Magnet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 01:30 PM

Quote:

That's pretty much the way that I had expected it to look, except that we still don't know where the door in Adrian's bedroom goes... The one that Leland threw the bag into.

I still think that's some kind of odd corner turret. Unfortunately, it's impossible to reconcile Adrian's Season Two-plus apartment with Season One; and even from the Pilot episode to the rest of Season One, so I stopped trying. Adrian must've moved at some time. Maybe there was structural damage from the earthquake.

Quote:

And how did Dr. K. get into the apartment in Mr. and Mrs.?

Through the double-doored closet where Adrian keeps Trudy's pillow -- I still haven't found that door anywhere else. Actually, he came in through the front door with the umbrellas hanging next to the door.

Deb, I don't know what kind of software you have, but if you have a version of Windows, right click on the image and save it to your hard drive. Then find it on your hard drive and preview it (right click on the icon and choose "Preview"). The Windows preview should allow you to rotate the image.

Quote:

Wow Tami! Its great! Much better than anything I coould have ever done!

Mel, could you try to sketch how that apartment can be situated in this apartment building:

Quote:

Nice, Tami, VERY nice! You ought to make the "Monk Resource" online or something. LOL! You're really great at this!

By the way, I love the added touch of putting all the photos in WITH the floorplan- very cool.

Kudos!

Thanks, Chloe! I already spend way too much time on "Monk" as it is, though! (I was going to start a Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Monk Band album cover parody, but life keeps getting in the way of that!)

~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

#8 Chloe

Chloe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 01:39 PM

Quote:

Thanks, Chloe! I already spend way too much time on "Monk" as it is, though! (I was going to start a Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Monk Band album cover parody, but life keeps getting in the way of that!)

LOL! Oh man, that does sound good. But I completely identify; life can get in the way of exibiting your favorite fandoms further. Case in point: I would LOVE to run more of the Monk fanlistings, but I've only really got time for the Adrian/Trudy one, if I want to be sure to do it well.

BUT! If you ever do decide to make a Monk site, let me know! I would love to help- as though you need it.

#9 RobertC

RobertC

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 01:47 PM

This may not interest anyone but in Paperboy you can see a stained glass window right outside Monk's front door, but in a first season ep, the outside is completely blank.

#10 MrMonkMan

MrMonkMan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 02:20 PM

Tami,
You're still my idol!

Later,
Art

"(Would you believe in a love at first sight?) Yes, I'm certain that it happens all the time;
(What do you see when you turn out the light?) I can't tell you, but I know it's mine." -- John Lennon & Paul McCartney ["With A Little Help From My Friends"/The Beatles]

#11 Tami

Tami

Monk Magnet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 03:02 PM

Art! I aims to please! Thanks so much for your idolatry ~~ wait, that's not the right word, is it? Great choice of lyrics, thanks for that, too!

Chloe, if I ever get a site going, you'll be the first I'll contact!

Robert, thanks for the info. Like I posted earlier, it's impossible to reconcile the Season One apartment with the Season Two-Plus.

Maybe I'll try a Season One version. As soon as h3ll freezes over, no not even when h3ll freezes over, because I don't want you driving on the ice!

~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

#12 go_monk

go_monk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 06:35 PM

wow thats good u even remembered to make the coffee table crooked

#13 Tami

Tami

Monk Magnet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 06:41 PM

Quote:

wow thats good u even remembered to make the coffee table crooked

Thanks, go_monk! You bet I made the coffee table crooked. I started with the coffee table and drew the rest of the apartment around it!

~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

#14 Cyn

Cyn

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 08:11 PM

Wow, Tami! That's incredible. You even included that bathroom that Monk doesn't have... darn that architect!

~Cyn

#15 Katie081990

Katie081990

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,933 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 08:34 PM

i wish i could see it

Quote:

Sorry, this site is temporarily unavailable!
The web site you are trying to access has exceeded its allocated data transfer. Visit our help area for more information.
Access to this site will be restored within an hour. Please try again later.
http://www.geocities...nkApartment.JPG

what happened?

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler" ~Fight Club

#16 Tami

Tami

Monk Magnet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 08:48 PM

Try it again, Katie. Sometimes at this time of day (in SoCal), the Yahoo server can get busy.

~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

#17 Tami

Tami

Monk Magnet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 08:54 PM

Quote:

Wow, Tami! That's incredible. You even included that bathroom that Monk doesn't have... darn that architect!

~Cyn

In "Very Old Man," Stottlemeyer said he got up at Midnight and "used the bathroom"! Adrian cleaned for an hour and a half, so-----! Wait! We've had this conversation before!

~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

#18 Outside_the_Box

Outside_the_Box

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 11:21 PM

Great job, Tami! Can you do the police precinct, too?

OtB
---------------
Is it a coincidence that metacomet's (Marion Brockmann) "friends" Denise Wey (Nisi) and Marla Manriquez (a co-moderator at "Marion's" FB fan page for Tony S.) have both made appearances at Tami Hoshiyama's Fan page for Ted Levine?

Coincidence? I think NOT!

metacomet (Marion Brockmann): Please go find another place to play. Leave Tami and her page alone! If you think she's such a hateful bitch, why do you and your friends keep poking her?

Just my 2¢

OtB

#19 utopiandreamer

utopiandreamer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 11:58 PM

That's wild, Tami!

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved