• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 FinnsGurl

FinnsGurl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 06 October 2006 - 08:50 AM

I was on a website about B.D. Wong just now and I found out he's gay (If you already knew about this sorry I just fonud out)

#2 KatRose

KatRose

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 06 October 2006 - 09:09 AM

To answer your question, yes.

To ask my own, why does it matter?

#3 rage

rage

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 06 October 2006 - 01:56 PM

it was just something she was interested to find out. no need to get all offended by it.

#4 elliotfan

elliotfan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts

Posted 06 October 2006 - 02:05 PM

Quote:

it was just something she was interested to find out. no need to get all offended by it.

hmmmm i don't think kat was "all offended" just sounded like she was curious, no need to bash on her
]

bobby:she got me good ......... alex: then let's get her back
huang: do you ever gamble elliot? .......... elliot: only with birth control
dobby: socks is my favorite clothes sir!

#5 luvzsvuandci

luvzsvuandci

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 06 October 2006 - 02:45 PM

no ones bashing on her we are all happy people!!! I support the gay community and that's my boy! B.D WONG. HE IS GREAT
In the criminal justice system.................

#6 svuswimmer

svuswimmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 06 October 2006 - 02:47 PM

it really doesnt matter to me if he is or isnt, cuz it wont change my view of him. i have a question tho: is he gay on the show or is that him for real??

#7 elliotfan

elliotfan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts

Posted 06 October 2006 - 02:48 PM

he is in real life, they haven't told us anything about his personal life on the show, wish they would i like his character
]

#8 svuswimmer

svuswimmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 06 October 2006 - 03:21 PM

ya i wish they would too. we know about almost everyones personal life but his, and he is a semi big part of the show

#9 KatRose

KatRose

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 06 October 2006 - 04:30 PM

I should have phrased the question as "Does it matter?" The "why" was extraneous and unnecessary.

I don't think we've heard much, if anything, about Huang's personal life. We know that he's an FBI profiler and a psychiatrist, but I don't know if we know more than that.

p.s. I wasn't offended by the question, merely curious. I am always intrigued when someone says, "Hey, did you know so-and-so was ....." <---- fill in the blank with comment regarding religion, race, ethnicity, age, sexuality, etc. Sometimes it means nothing and sometimes it means that the commenter is saying "I like so-and-so *because* of ..." or "I don't like so-and-so *because* of ..."

Case in point, years ago Ted Danson was on an MOW where he played a father who molested his daughter. 5-10 years later I was talking to a colleague about Ted (he was shooting a show at the studio I worked at) and she said (in essence), "I will never watch anything he's in because he played a molester. He was awarded for his performance, therefor he must have those tendencies in him." She couldn't get past the role to see that the man was a talented actor who did his job.

We all know people who enjoy someone else's company/friendship until they learn that this friend is a racist or a liberal/conservative or is multi-ethnic, etc. In my own family I have a racist and a homophobe, not to mention a slew of other issues . The homophobe is so paranoid that when I had an art show in West L.A. (aka Boys Town), he stood with his back to the wall out of fear. ::rolling eyes::

#10 svu_fan_1

svu_fan_1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 06 October 2006 - 04:33 PM

okay like don't you hate it when someone in your family is really predjudice ....it's really embarrising and makes me angry

#11 elliotfan

elliotfan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts

Posted 06 October 2006 - 04:43 PM

Quote:

okay like don't you hate it when someone in your family is really predjudice ....it's really embarrising and makes me angry

definitely
]

#12 svu_fan_1

svu_fan_1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 06 October 2006 - 04:47 PM

Quote:

Quote:

definitely

great..then i'm not the only one...my step dad is and it drives me insane cause i'm the complete opposite and i get embarresed

#13 elliotfan

elliotfan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts

Posted 06 October 2006 - 04:53 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

definitely

yeah it's embarrassing, but you just have to remember it's a reflection on him not you, and someday he'll have to answer for it
great..then i'm not the only one...my step dad is and it drives me insane cause i'm the complete opposite and i get embarresed

]

#14 svu_fan_1

svu_fan_1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 06 October 2006 - 04:55 PM

yeah ..i know but sometimes you wonder what the people think of you

#15 SVUchick

SVUchick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,829 posts

Posted 06 October 2006 - 05:40 PM

that doesn't bother me at all. people like who they like and they shouldn't be afraid of being theirselves. Everyone is different and that is why i love this country so much. you can be any kind of person you want! I applaud B.D. for beeing true to hisself HOLLA 4 wong one TIME! ROTFL!
What a shame we all became, such fragile broken things,
A memory remains, Just a tiny spark,
I give it all my oxygen, to let the flames begin,
So let the flames begin.....

Somewhere weakness is our strength,
And i'll die searching for it,
I can't let myself regret, such selfishness,
My pain I know the trouble caused, no matter how long,
I believe that there's hope.....

#16 Golgo13

Golgo13

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 06 October 2006 - 06:19 PM

Quote:

I was on a website about B.D. Wong just now and I found out he's gay (If you already knew about this sorry I just fonud out)

Have you ever heard the joke . . .

What do you call a gay guy in college?
A theater major

?

-

#17 Golgo13

Golgo13

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 06 October 2006 - 06:26 PM

Quote:

The homophobe is so paranoid that when I had an art show in West L.A. (aka Boys Town), he stood with his back to the wall out of fear. ::rolling eyes::

I believe you meant West Hollywood.

West L.A. is a boring residential area. Some good Japanese restaurants on Sawtelle Blvd. though.

#18 KatRose

KatRose

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 06 October 2006 - 06:30 PM

Yes. LOL Thank you.

#19 The_Fin410

The_Fin410

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 October 2006 - 06:47 PM

Quote:

it really doesnt matter to me if he is or isnt, cuz it wont change my view of him. i have a question tho: is he gay on the show or is that him for real??

He's a homosexual in real life. To be honest, it's not really our business how they live their private lives. Despite my own views on his lifestyle, all I really care about is his performance on the show.

#20 Ashes

Ashes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,119 posts

Posted 06 October 2006 - 06:56 PM

Quote:

that doesn't bother me at all. people like who they like and they shouldn't be afraid of being theirselves. Everyone is different and that is why i love this country so much. you can be any kind of person you want! I applaud B.D. for beeing true to hisself HOLLA 4 wong one TIME! ROTFL!

I agree!

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved