• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 RobertC

RobertC

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 21 August 2005 - 04:47 PM

In Three Pies Ambrose said Monk lives on Pine St.
In Asylum Monk said something about Divisadero which crosses Pine. Do we know more?

Yesterday I hiked up to Taylor/Broadway which appeared in the opening titles (before Natalie). It's REALLY STEEP in 2-3 places. Almost had a hernia.

Do you know where they filmed the shot of the parking meters?

#2 pinger71

pinger71

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 21 August 2005 - 05:06 PM

Hi RobertC! I just did that Broadway/Taylor hike last friday! I noticed in "Wedding" that they used a shot of that corner then cutting to the Captain visiting Monk. I wonder if that means he lives in the vacinity? In the closing sceen of the pilot it looks like The Embarcado. I noticed in the episode where Adrian and Sharona are shopping for a lamp it looks like the store is at 149 California(?) in the Finacial District. Sorry, I don't know where the parking meters are but I hoping to visit all the SF locations Monk has visited...pinger71

#3 Teresa1643

Teresa1643

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 21 August 2005 - 05:15 PM

We also know that Monk's zip code is 94115, which would be right for the Pine and Divisadero intersection, but not Broadway and Taylor. I believe the building pictured there in numerous exterior shots is supposed to be Monk's. The parking meters are in North Beach near the corner of Grant and Filbert. The alley where the fish are dropped in front of Monk is Jasper Place a block away. Here's my website with the locations and maps.
<i> I can't debate you if you talk gibberish that sounds kind of like something a chimney sweep from Mary Poppins would say.</i>

#4 pinger71

pinger71

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 21 August 2005 - 05:25 PM

Wow! What a beautiful website! Thanks a bunch for the maps and info!

#5 Chloe

Chloe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 21 August 2005 - 06:08 PM

oh MAN- you run that site, mate? It's awesome! I love all the trivia and bits and pieces you put in it- It's terriffic!

I salute you.

#6 Lexicon

Lexicon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 10:57 AM

Does anyone know where they shot the pilot scene where Monk walks home alone and crosses the street at night (the shot they now use at the end of the opening credits)? Is that Taylor/Broadway?
I'll always miss you, Sharona! You'll always be in my memory

#7 Teresa1643

Teresa1643

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 11:04 AM

Does anyone know where they shot the pilot scene where Monk walks home alone and crosses the street at night (the shot they now use at the end of the opening credits)? Is that Taylor/Broadway?

That's at Montgomery and Green.
<i> I can't debate you if you talk gibberish that sounds kind of like something a chimney sweep from Mary Poppins would say.</i>

#8 Lexicon

Lexicon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 12:45 PM

That's at Montgomery and Green.

Thanks so much!! I don't live in SF, but when I visit, I'd like to stop by that location. Thanks again :)
I'll always miss you, Sharona! You'll always be in my memory

#9 CrimLaw1

CrimLaw1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 12:43 AM

Okay, so in the episode Mr. Monk and Foreign Man (Season 8 Episode 2), there is a woman who is killed just across the street from Monk's house. Partway through the episode he is putting flowers down on the corner where she died. The episode has signs which say Pine/Spruce street, which is puzzling because there is no Spruce street in SF.

I googled the restaurant near the corner (Venticello's), and it turns out to be on the corner of Taylor and Washington. Everything else matches, the view, the corner, Monk's house. The address of Monk's house is1312 Taylor St. Also, the corner store is a prop, the actual corner house is the house to the left of the corner store.

Although Monk is supposed to live on Pine, the house is located as stated above. I live just south of it, I may go check it out sometime soon.

Hope that helps.

In Three Pies Ambrose said Monk lives on Pine St.
In Asylum Monk said something about Divisadero which crosses Pine. Do we know more?

Yesterday I hiked up to Taylor/Broadway which appeared in the opening titles (before Natalie). It's REALLY STEEP in 2-3 places. Almost had a hernia.

Do you know where they filmed the shot of the parking meters?

Edited by CrimLaw1, 13 November 2011 - 12:44 AM.

#10 Matty06P

Matty06P

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 04:50 AM

I always thought that it was 999 Broadway

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved