• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#1 Marjorie

Marjorie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 02:19 PM

I thought it would be fun to start a thread, listing what we've learned about Trudy through four seasons of Monk. I will start out with the things I remember, and I would love everyone to contribute.

In the most recent episode, "Mr. and Mrs. Monk," we learned the following:

1. Trudy put cinnamon in her coffee -- a trick she picked up in Spain.
2. Trudy is allergic to fish.
3. Trudy worked as a reporter for a newspaper, writing hard-hitting exposes. Does anyone know the name of the newspaper?

In "Mr. Monk Gets Drunk," we learned the following:
1. She and Adrian honeymooned at the Allacco Inn and Winery.
2. Her favorite wine is a 1984 Allacco Cabernet.

In "Mr. Monk Goes Back to School," we learned the following:
1. One of her best friends in high school was Arleen Cassidy, vice-principal of Ashton Preparatory School. (I think. It was hard to read the sign in front of the school. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.)
2. Trudy attended Ashton on scholarship. She was the valedictorian of her class and worked on the yearbook committee.
3. Trudy painted flowers on the Class of 1977's mural.
4. She loved to write poetry. Her favorite place to write at Ashton was under a certain tree on campus.
5. According to Arleen, she was quiet, smart and didn't date much. Trudy was waiting for the right man and would know him when she found him.

In "Mr. Monk and the Game Show," we learned the following:
1. Trudy's parents are Dwight and Marsha Ellison.
2. Dwight Ellison is a successful game show producer.
3. Trudy drives very fast.

Please add your own contributions to the list. I'm particularly interested in the following information:

1. What were Trudy's birth year and death year? Trudy's tombstone has been shown several times on the show. A related question is how old was Trudy when she died.
2. How and when did Trudy and Adrian meet? Is this even revealed?
3. Why did Trudy have a separate office if she had a desk at the newspaper? Had she quit the paper and was working freelance at the time of her death? This question might be answered in the first Dale the Whale episode.

#2 RomanSoldier

RomanSoldier

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 02:46 PM

Trudy was born in 1962 and died in 1997. She was 34 when she died.

It isn't suprising that she didn't date much at Ashton, she was three years ahead of everyone else. She graduated at 15!

They met on August 12, but I don't know what year Where? Probably Berkley. Monk should have started college in 1977 at age 18, the same year Trudy should have started. I'd bet they met their junior or senior year. They didin't marry until 1990, though.

Don't know about the office, but I think someone else was paying for it until she died.

#3 RomanSoldier

RomanSoldier

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 02:54 PM

Ashton is the name of Julie's middle school ("Election").

#4 Marjorie

Marjorie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 03:36 PM

Thanks RomanSoldier for the great information about Trudy. In which episode(s)did you get those facts about Trudy (if you know). I don't remember any of that. In regard to Julie's school being Ashton, I know! It was what I thought when I read the sign in front of the school in Mr. Monk Goes Back to School. I probably mis-read it, but it looked like Ashton to me. The writing was very small. Did anyone else try to read the name of the school?

#5 Mikayla

Mikayla

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 03:48 PM

Wow Marjorie, I think the fans will slove Trudys musder befor monk does. It's wierd, he can solve almost every murder in San Fransico exepet his wifes.

#6 Tami

Tami

Monk Magnet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,300 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 04:00 PM

Quote:

I don't remember any of that. In regard to Julie's school being Ashton, I know! It was what I thought when I read the sign in front of the school in Mr. Monk Goes Back to School. I probably mis-read it, but it looked like Ashton to me. The writing was very small. Did anyone else try to read the name of the school?

Trudy went to Ashton Preparatory School; Julie's school was Ashton Junior High School.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming
that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted
~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

#7 RomanSoldier

RomanSoldier

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 04:25 PM

Quote:

Thanks RomanSoldier for the great information about Trudy. In which episode(s)did you get those facts about Trudy (if you know). I don't remember any of that. In regard to Julie's school being Ashton, I know! It was what I thought when I read the sign in front of the school in Mr. Monk Goes Back to School. I probably mis-read it, but it looked like Ashton to me. The writing was very small. Did anyone else try to read the name of the school?

I am 99% sure that I know who killed Trudy. I'm just waiting for the final episode to show me that I'm right.

Trudy was born in 1962 and died in 1997.
-her tombstone, seen in many episodes

She was 34 when she died.
-"Dale the Whale"

It isn't suprising that she didn't date much at Ashton, she was three years ahead of everyone else. She graduated at 15!
-"Goes Back to School" in combination with her year of birth

They met on August 12, but I don't know what year
-"Asylum"

Where? Probably Berkley. Monk should have started college in 1977 at age 18, the same year Trudy should have started. I'd bet they met their junior or senior year. They didin't marry until 1990, though.
-"Other Detective" mentions that Adrian went to Berkley. In "Manhattan" we learn that he was 45 in 2004, therefore born in 1959. "Game Show" and others tell that they married in 1990. I would assume that Adrian started college at the age of 18, if not a little earlier. Since Trudy is often said to be brilliant it would only make sense that she went to UC at Berkley.

Office? Who pays for their own office unless they have their own business?

#8 RomanSoldier

RomanSoldier

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 04:45 PM

Plus,

1. Her last words were "Bread and Butter" ("Dale the Whale).
2. The man who built the bomb which killed her was Warrick
Tennyson, who was hired by a six-fingered man. "Manhattan"
3. He was from Los Angeles "Game Show"
4. She loved New York City "Manhattan"
5. She kept every promise she ever made "Blackout"
6. She always went barefoot, even when it was cold out "Blackout"
7. She must have had the patience of a saint to live with Adrian, according to Stottlemeyer ("Very, Very Old Man")
8. On her last day she went to a taxidermist named Street to see about getting her pet stuffed "Billionaire Mugger"
9. She was buying cough medicine for Ambrose when she died. That's why she was in that parking garage. "Three Pies"
10. Her favorite dish is chicken something or other "Asylum"
11. She was engaged in a legal battle with Dale the Whale in 1993 because she called him the "Ghengis Khan of Finance" ("Dale the Whale").
12. She is really dead "Mrs. Monk"

#9 mdr55

mdr55

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,645 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 05:10 PM

She wanted to start a family but Adrian wasn't ready yet because he wanted to focus on his career at the time thinking they have time to raise a family later. Hindsight is only 20/20.

#10 RomanSoldier

RomanSoldier

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 05:12 PM

Quote:

She wanted to start a family but Adrian wasn't ready yet because he wanted to focus on his career at the time thinking they have time to raise a family later. Hindsight is only 20/20.

Adrian never really wanted children, thinking that after his childhood it wouldn't work well. Interestingly in the dream sequence in "Cobra" Trudy mentions that she wants children even though she's dead.

#11 Heathbar

Heathbar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 05:38 PM

Wow, you're the Trudy expert! You may be right or not about Trudy's killer (I have read your theory), but frankly I hope we don't have to see the ending to the mystery for several more years! It's hard to imagine TV anymore without looking forward to a Monk episode!
I am better than Mardi Gras! Mardi Gras, in French, literally means "Fat Tuesday". Heck, I'm fat seven days a week!

#12 RomanSoldier

RomanSoldier

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 05:41 PM

Quote:

Wow, you're the Trudy expert! You may be right or not about Trudy's killer (I have read your theory), but frankly I hope we don't have to see the ending to the mystery for several more years! It's hard to imagine TV anymore without looking forward to a Monk episode!

I started the Trudy Monk Wikipedia article after reading this thread.
http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Trudy_Monk

#13 mdr55

mdr55

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,645 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 06:07 PM

Trudy's NOT dead.....as long as Adrian keeps her in his heart.

#14 RomanSoldier

RomanSoldier

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 06:11 PM

Quote:

Trudy's NOT dead.....as long as Adrian keeps her in his heart.

Physically she's dead. Kind of hard to have kids once that happens.

#15 pinger71

pinger71

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 03:42 PM

3.It is the San Francisco Chronicle. When Monk visited Trudy's desk the old article was visible in his hand.

My questions are how many different actresses have played Trudy? Has Melora Hardin played her twice? Have any other actress played her twice?

#16 RomanSoldier

RomanSoldier

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 03:47 PM

Quote:

3.It is the San Francisco Chronicle. When Monk visited Trudy's desk the old article was visible in his hand.

My questions are how many different actresses have played Trudy? Has Melora Hardin played her twice? Have any other actress played her twice?

I just watched Psycic and Dale the Whale last night. One of them said that it was the "Examiner." She must have transfered.

Which episode was Monk reading the newpaper with the line "Detective's Wife Slain?"

#17 pinger71

pinger71

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 03:58 PM

I'm trying to remember if the Chronicle bought out the Examiner years ago because there was a time when they had their own vending machines but the only place I see the Examiner was when I was at the Oakland A's game when they retired Dennis Eckersley's number last Saturday. There was a Examiner vending machine marked "free."

#18 Og_Of_The_Jungle

Og_Of_The_Jungle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,603 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 04:06 PM

Quote:

I'm trying to remember if the Chronicle bought out the Examiner years ago because there was a time when they had their own vending machines but the only place I see the Examiner was when I was at the Oakland A's game when they retired Dennis Eckersley's number last Saturday. There was a Examiner vending machine marked "free."

You are correct. The SF Chronicle and the SF Examiner are one and the same. The next largest circulation newspaper would probably be the Oakland Times or else the San Jose Mercury.
I could be wrong, but, you know, I'm not.
(( The password is "amaromacs". ))

Election 2008

#19 Marjorie

Marjorie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 12:18 PM

I didn't get a chance to visit this site for a few days and just finished reading everyone's posts! There is some great information here. Thanks to everyone who contributed. I hope that we can keep adding things as the series continues. I got the idea for this thread after visiting a fan site dedicated to "Colombo." Someone had written a very detailed article on everything we found out about Mrs. Colombo during that show's run.

RomanSoldier, I loved the encyclopedia article you wrote on Trudy. I'm very happy that this thread was your inspiration. I want to especially thank Tami for confirming that Trudy went to Ashton Preparatory School and pinger71 for posting the name of the newspaper that she worked for.

In keeping with the theme of this thread, I remembered the other day that Trudy's favorite perfume was Shalimar. That fragance actually exists.

#20 Marjorie

Marjorie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 12:27 PM

I was talking to a friend who reminded me that the "Mr. and Mrs. Monk" episode aired on August 12, the anniversary of when they first met. Also, Adrian tells Dr. Kroger that Trudy's birthday was the day before, so that would put her birthday as August 11.

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved