• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 jrosie

jrosie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 July 2006 - 08:11 PM

Does anyone know why in the show the chief of police is pregnant? Is Kirsten Nelson pregnant in outside the show?

#2 xd16

xd16

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts

Posted 15 July 2006 - 08:53 PM

Probably.. But she probably had her baby after the pilot episode, but had to keep acting like she was pregnant in the show. Maybe her husband in the show got her pregnant? Lol, they never said she was married, so it could be written in the story. Maybe they'll have a comical episode where Shawn and Gus have to watch after her in case she goes into labor.. lol

#3 KootieBug

KootieBug

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 15 July 2006 - 09:02 PM

Quote:

Does anyone know why in the show the chief of police is pregnant?

When a man and a woman love each other a whole bunch........ come on I had to do that! lol I dont see how she could be preggo from pilot to now. I mean she would have had her baby in between that time. I think her pregnancy SCREAMS episode.... yep there going to do a whole tummy episode you watch.

#4 xd16

xd16

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts

Posted 15 July 2006 - 10:25 PM

Lol I already said they should make an episode about Shawn and Gus having to watch her to make sure she doesn't go into labor. Why gus and shawn? Because her husband is out on a business trip and she thinks Shawns psychic skills can come in handy.. lol

#5 Udo

Udo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 18 July 2006 - 10:02 AM

To remind us of Fargo.

#6 xd16

xd16

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts

Posted 18 July 2006 - 11:10 AM

I have absolutely no clue what you're refering to.

#7 MintyToothpick

MintyToothpick

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 July 2006 - 01:21 PM

^Her stomach always looks a bit bulgy, remember?

#8 xd16

xd16

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts

Posted 18 July 2006 - 01:57 PM

I meant about the Fargo thing..

I already know she's pregnant.. lol

#9 Liv

Liv

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,951 posts

Posted 18 July 2006 - 10:45 PM

Fargo is a fantastic movie by the Cohen brothers who made The Man Who Wasn't There, The Big Lebowski, O Brother Where Art Thou, and Barton Fink. I'm sure I missed some titles, but anyway, Fargo stars William H. Macy, Steve Buccemi and Frances McDormand as the pregnant police chief who is trying to unravel a mystery that involves a man hiring someone to kidnap his wife that ends up with several murders, but it's a cark comedy, like so much of the Cohen brother's movies are. I will never look at a wood chipper the same way again.

When someone mentioned an episode involving Shawn and Gus and the pregnant police chief, immediately I imagined her going into labor somewhere inconvenient (the ambulances can't get to her or whatever) and her grabbing Shawn in some painful manner and demanding, "Why didn't you see this coming?!" Fortunately, Gus will at least have some medical supplies on hand for samples and we know he's covered a few birthing centers and knows his Lamaze breathing techniques. He might even get to make a prediction-
'Shawn, I'm going to kill you later!' because somehow I am sure it will be Shawn's fault that they are in an inconvenient place with a pregnant woman with firearms training, who has gone into labor.
Geocities ate my Timeline! :(

#10 KootieBug

KootieBug

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 18 July 2006 - 11:18 PM

But she was not the pregnant sheiff in fargo, you all know that right? It was the mom from Malcom in the Middle. As for the plot line, that is easy she will get kidnapped while preggo, go into labor and Gus will deliver.

#11 Liv

Liv

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,951 posts

Posted 19 July 2006 - 08:48 AM

I knew she wasn't the police woman in Fargo, I was just explaining the reference to Fargo.

I was thinking that surely there was enough time between the pilot episode and making the next few that she would have had the baby already, too, so I guess the delivery will somehow play into a future episode.

So, I guess that while she is out for maternity leave and possible kidnapping, Lassiter will be in charge? Or will they bring in an interim interim police chief to hold down the fort till the interim police chief can return to work? Wouldn't that really burn Lassiter's butt if they brought in an interim interim police chief rather than just hand it over to him? He just might pop a blood vessel in his head.
Geocities ate my Timeline! :(

#12 MONKobsessed

MONKobsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,113 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 11:32 AM

Quote:

But she was not the pregnant sheiff in fargo, you all know that right? It was the mom from Malcom in the Middle.

No, Liv was right. Frances McDormand was the pregnant police chief in the movie Fargo, not Jane Kaczmarek from Malcolm in the Middle.
"Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies." - Aristotle
... wiff you ... always ...

#13 Princess_A2J

Princess_A2J

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 12:06 AM

LoL I could just see that one happening, w/ Gus & Shawn dlvrng the baby! lol

#14 alps

alps

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 August 2006 - 07:58 PM

Quote:

Does anyone know why they changed the Police Chief and female det. (seeing the other male dorky detective( from the Pilot? I liked them better. Sean even quipped about the change of female detective in week 2. Curious and wonder if anyone else cares..?quote]

#15 Ultron

Ultron

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 05 August 2006 - 12:56 AM

I am for the change. But it's always open to the possibility of the former Jr. Detective coming back. And they've made mention between the show and a blog entry on this website that it's claimed to be a) voluntary on the part of Lucinda and B) Lassiter directly transferred her.

It's up in the air, but I love the drama. Lassiter's denied shipping her off once in the show and explicitly explained she willingly transferred in his blog.

Here is what Lassiter said in his blog:

Quote:

I've recently gone through a partner transition. Det. Lucina Barry and I worked together less than a year but her decision to transfer out of the SBPD was hard on both of us. The fact that she wanted to be closer to her mother, who was recovering from an industrial accident, didn't make it any easier.

Maybe one day Lucinda might drop by and tell us all the real deal.

#16 Sudoxe1

Sudoxe1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 August 2006 - 08:20 AM

i also found that not only was the chief pregnant but if you look at the police department in the pilot it is much differen t from the one in the episodes

ie the front desk, halls, interrogation room

#17 xd16

xd16

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts

Posted 06 August 2006 - 10:38 AM

The police cheif is the same from the pilot.. I dunno where you saw a different one.. its the same Vick lady.

#18 Lumi_Nara

Lumi_Nara

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 August 2006 - 12:06 PM

I think they meant the actual station... it's a bit different I think.

#19 sulax2007

sulax2007

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 August 2006 - 01:28 PM

The reason the Police Chief is pregnant is because she is the Interim Chief of Police, which means she is only there for a short period of time, a.k.a. when she goes into labor, or they find a replacement chief.

~Zach

#20 xd16

xd16

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts

Posted 06 August 2006 - 04:43 PM

But her role is good, so she'll probably still be on the show after the baby, just not working at the station.. lol

Or if she does get switched out completely, they'll bring in some new police chief thats meaner to Shawn and Gus, but also hates Lassiter.. thus making Shawn and Lassiter have a common enemy.

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved