#1 animaltalker

animaltalker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 15 May 2006 - 01:36 AM

Law & Order SVU has submitted the episodes "911" and "Raw"
Chris Meloni is being submitted for consideration in the Lead Actor category
Mariska Hargitay is being submitted for consideration in the Lead Actress category

Law & Order CI has submitted the episodes "In the Wee Small Hours" and "Diamond Dogs"
Vincent d'Onofrio & Chris Noth are being submitted for consideration in the Lead Actor category

Law & Order has submitted the episodes "Birthright" and "Ghosts"
Dennis Farina & Sam Waterston are being submitted for consideration in the Lead Actor category

The For Your Consideration DVD is for sale on EBay (it also contains Conviction episodes the pilot and Denial)

I haven't found any information yet about Supporting Actor or Actress or Guest Actor or Actress submissions, however given that 911 and Raw are being submitted and the placement of Richard Belzer on the DVD box cover (he's the next most prominent person in the shot after Mariska and Chris) he might be up for Supporting actor (Doubt he actually gets nominated but at least it looks like he's being submitted by Wolf Films & NBC), also have heard buzz about Marcia Gaye Hardin

#2 sharrie15

sharrie15

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,410 posts

Posted 15 May 2006 - 06:08 AM

how do you do it because i was thinking about doing that.thanks.
elliot: i wish i was the co but it wouldnt feel right touching my partner like that.

fin: i wish i didnt because i would never do that to liv

#3 6471

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 737 posts

Posted 15 May 2006 - 08:46 AM

Those are "For your consideration". That is the same artwork as last year.

#4 animaltalker

animaltalker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 15 May 2006 - 11:32 AM

Quote:

Those are "For your consideration". That is the same artwork as last year.

I just checked my copy of last year's FYC law & Order DVDs and the art work is definitely different. For example this year Warner is included though she's way back in the background, before the picture was a bit more of a head and shoulder shot Mariska and Chris front & center with Richard and Ice-T off their shoulders

#5 animaltalker

animaltalker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 15 May 2006 - 11:51 AM

there's a forum that deals with all sorts of awards shows, some people watch the ebay sales and few people have some sort of connection to tv

the forum is www.goldderby.com

searching ebay can be a bit frustrating because you never know exactly what word people are going to use but the the phrase for your considration and screener are pretty good, often previous years come up so it's a good idea to use advanced search and exclude previous years both by full year , that is, 2005, 2004, and by abbreviated years '05, '04

#6 KatRose

KatRose

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 15 May 2006 - 05:25 PM

Gold Derby was brought to my attention last year and I still wonder where these people get their information as most of it isn't released for public consumption (i.e. it's rarely announced, even in the trades, what episode an actor submits for their own performance consideration - yet GD claims to know what it is).

However, if you're searching eBay for Emmy screeners, the best recommendation is to put in the current year and Emmy in the search field. That'll get you the broadest range for titles. Also know that the selling of Emmy screeners is illegal, thus buying them is contributing to an illegal act. That's all I'll say on the issue.

#7 6471

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 737 posts

Posted 15 May 2006 - 06:33 PM

More episodes could have sent out also.

#8 KatRose

KatRose

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 15 May 2006 - 07:38 PM

The screeners that people are talking about are the ones submitted by the network to the Academy members for consideration. Those are the only ones they submit. There may be other episodes submitted by the various members of the cast and crew as they see fit for their own possible consideration.

Just because NBC thought 911 was the best episode for overall consideration doesn't mean that the costume department thought it was the best to show off their work. Same is true for other cast members and guest cast. If they choose to submit, it's their choice what gets submitted, as it is their responsibility to make the submission (the networks don't generally submit on behalf of the cast/crew, that's the personal choice of each member - but once they have made that choice, the networks generally support the consideration).

#9 ViVi

ViVi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,045 posts

Posted 15 May 2006 - 08:29 PM

hopefully they are in differ lead actor catagories like female and male category, but if not i choose chris meloni all the way. i think is is a way better actor, anyways mariska's won to many, but if she wins woot woot for her!
My 1st video "Christopher in Action"
http://www.youtube.com/?v=mVq9zEsZYXQ

#10 sharrie15

sharrie15

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,410 posts

Posted 15 May 2006 - 10:06 PM

thanks.
elliot: i wish i was the co but it wouldnt feel right touching my partner like that.

#11 6471

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 737 posts

Posted 16 May 2006 - 08:21 AM

Quote:

anyways mariska's won to many

To many?? She has never win an Emmy.

#12 KatRose

KatRose

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 16 May 2006 - 09:28 AM

Mariska's been nominated for a lot of different awards, but has only won one Golden Globe. http://www.imdb.com/...m0002127/awards

On the other hand, Chris has only been nominated for one Prism Award and didn't win.

Before this deteriorates into a "who's the better actor" debacle, let me say this: Both actors are very good at their respective jobs and are both worthy of accolades, whether that's from peers, fans or media. I think the fact that Chris doesn't appear to want the awards may have something to do with his lack of attention in that area, and shouldn't be an indication of how his peers and colleague feel about his performances and talent.

#13 6471

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 737 posts

Posted 16 May 2006 - 10:02 AM

Quote:

Mariska's been nominated for a lot of different awards, but has only won one Golden Globe. http://www.imdb.com/...m0002127/awards

On the other hand, Chris has only been nominated for one Prism Award and didn't win.

Before this deteriorates into a "who's the better actor" debacle, let me say this: Both actors are very good at their respective jobs and are both worthy of accolades, whether that's from peers, fans or media. I think the fact that Chris doesn't appear to want the awards may have something to do with his lack of attention in that area, and shouldn't be an indication of how his peers and colleague feel about his performances and talent.

He also won a Irish Thetare award.

#14 sharrie15

sharrie15

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,410 posts

Posted 16 May 2006 - 04:27 PM

and another award too.

#15 K_La

K_La

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 16 May 2006 - 07:54 PM

so do we get to vote. i'm confused! when do we find out the nominations for the emmys?
K_La (Kayla)
Mariska is my HERO!!
I wasnt an El and Liv shipper til the episode Fault!!
I heart Law and Order SVU!

#16 animaltalker

animaltalker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 16 May 2006 - 08:27 PM

Emmys have a fairly complicated nomination and voting process. First someone either the artist themselves or their network or production company must make a submission on their behalf (There is actually a fee involved although, if they are members of the Academy it's waived), they must submit a certain number of episodes of their show (this varies according to which category the person is in) to the members of the academy who are in their "peer group". A peer group is like actors or writers or directors or whatever. When a submission is made there has to be a VHS or DVD made available of those episodes to the peer group, these are the For Your Consideration (FYC) Tapes or DVDs you've read about. (The academy is trying to keep those FYC DVDs from getting into the publics hands by the way). CBS is actually going to make some of it's submissions available on the internet rather than have them available as DVDs.

I believe it's a select subgroup of the peer group that looks at all the screeners and comes up with a group of nominees, and then the whole peer group votes for who wins. I think there are a few categories that are voted on by the entire academy.

Nominations will be announced July 6th

The Emmys will be awarded August 27th and will be televised on NBC

If you really want to know all the nitty gritty rules you can download them from the Academy's website

http://www.emmys.org...etimeawards.php

#17 animaltalker

animaltalker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 01:06 PM

Quote:

Gold Derby was brought to my attention last year and I still wonder where these people get their information as most of it isn't released for public consumption (i.e. it's rarely announced, even in the trades, what episode an actor submits for their own performance consideration - yet GD claims to know what it is).

However, if you're searching eBay for Emmy screeners, the best recommendation is to put in the current year and Emmy in the search field. That'll get you the broadest range for titles. Also know that the selling of Emmy screeners is illegal, thus buying them is contributing to an illegal act. That's all I'll say on the issue.

Some members of goldderby are members of the media or work in the industry.
There was a site last year, I wish I had bookmarked it, that put up entries in a blog about the screeners their office received. They had things like the most inventive packaging (which I think they gave to The Amazing Race), the most elegant, etc. very funny and informative at the same time, the site if I recall was some sort of media PR firm.

I've notice there don't seem to be as many screeners for sae this year so maybe people are taking the academy's efforts to prevent the sale of the screeners to heart.

#18 KatRose

KatRose

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 01:58 PM

Are you talking about this: http://worldofwonder...nsideration.wow

They also have a few comments about this year's packaging:

http://worldofwonder...ration_2006.wow

#19 6471

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 737 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 09:59 AM

911 was submitted for directing as well according to the Envelope "Outstanding Director in a Drama Series":

Ted Kotcheff - Law&Order:SVU

for Episode: "911"

FYC

#20 sharrie15

sharrie15

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,410 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 11:38 PM

i submitted alot.

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved