• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#1 Evilwonderwoman

Evilwonderwoman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 12:54 AM

I have 4 dogs!! Two are Silky Terriers, one is a Maltese and the last one is a Westhighland Terrier. So tell me what kinda dog or dogs you have...???

#2 Evilwonderwoman

Evilwonderwoman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 12:15 PM

Here's a pic of 2 of my dogs: Max is the one of the Silky Terriers and Merlin is The White Westhighland Terrier

#3 TM34567

TM34567

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,380 posts

Posted 05 August 2005 - 08:51 PM

I have always wanted a dog, but never had one. I really didn't have the opportunity to have one. My goal when I retire is to get a dog.

#4 Evilwonderwoman

Evilwonderwoman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 05 August 2005 - 11:42 PM

Yeah dogs are great companions and great protection too! It's been scientifically proven that having a pet will reduce your stress level...so they are good for your health too.
What kinda dog are you planning on getting??

#5 TM34567

TM34567

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,380 posts

Posted 06 August 2005 - 10:52 AM

I would like, let's see... a black lab, a sheltie, a golden, a poodle, a pyrenese, or a mutt with a patch over his eye. I just can't decide! LOL, I should probably just run a kennel!

#6 Evilwonderwoman

Evilwonderwoman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 06 August 2005 - 12:52 PM

Well If I was rich and had the room I probably would have a LOT more dogs myself, bad enough I already have 4!!....oh and by the way mutts are great too, had plenty of those in my life as well...once had a coyote/German Shepard Mix, we called him "Radar" because his ears were so big...hehe .

#7 TexasK

TexasK

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 09:02 PM

I just lost my best friend, an English Springer Spaniel. She was 14 years old. It's been a couple of weeks, and I am still heart broken.. My husband has been determined to find me another Eng. Springer and he did. I am leaving in the morning to go to South Tx. to pick from 3 females. I can't wait.. I have seen pics and they are all so pretty. It will never replace my Belle, but I love the breed and I am looking forward to having a new baby puppy to raise.

#8 freckles

freckles

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 11:25 PM

I have a Shiztu-poo named Sugar. She turn 3 last month.Pam-Doggirl3

#9 Evilwonderwoman

Evilwonderwoman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 02:23 PM

I'm sorry to hear you lost a pet, I've lost a few myself.Things will get better,the love a dog brings NEVER goes away.
Congrats on getting a new "baby". Be sure to put up pics as soon as you can,I'd love to see the new "baby".

#10 Evilwonderwoman

Evilwonderwoman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 02:35 PM

Here pics of 2 more of my dogs.... this is Muffie,(technically my dad's dog)...she's a Silky terrier.

This one is poor Chacho,he's already been through 2 previous owners and sadly noone here wants him either EXCEPT for me....I love him, even though he's kinda goofy looking...hehe.....he's the sweetest dog in the world! Sorry I don't really know what he is.....most likely a mix.

#11 TM34567

TM34567

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,380 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 03:28 PM

Oh, that Chacho is a cutie! I got my cat Snafu because he was the runt of the litter, and I thought "nobody else will take this poor little kitty cat". He was all white, with a big brown spot on one side - like a cow!

and k-mom, I'm sorry to hear about your Belle, it is very sad to lose a pet. How did things go when you met the three dogs?

#12 singinbrowneyes

singinbrowneyes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 23 August 2005 - 02:27 PM

As a pet trainer and certified SUCKER I have more than I need. I have Weezie Who is a red heeler/shar pei mix and is 7 years old.

Then I have Rizzo. No clue what she is. A few speculations, but at this point it doesn't matter. She is a rescue case and is about 5 or 6.

My roommate has a dobie, approx 3 or 4 yrs, named Eve. In the following pic, you see my two, Eve, and Lita. Lita is the border collie mix to the far left. She is about 8 months old and is my foster. She is on petfinder.com but hasn't gotten placed, yet. And yes, this is where they all sleep....with me!

And this is my most recent foster dog, Booger. Blue heeler and about 4 or 5 months old. Smart as a whip and may be going to live with my fellow dog trainer at PETsMART.
I need to get some new pics of him, cause he is ALWAYS smiling now.

I didn't feel so bad, tho, when some nut came in the store last night. He has 22 (yes TWENTY TWO) dachshunds. One in every color and hair type!!! He's only missing a white one. Sheesh.

#13 Evilwonderwoman

Evilwonderwoman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 23 August 2005 - 08:59 PM

Wow, beautiful dogs! And god bless you for taking in "rescues". I've rescued plenty of "pound puppies" myself.Thank you for sharing these great pics of your dogs!
If you ever decide to post anymore, please do share them with us....afterall we're all crazy about our "children"...hehe.

P.S. Usually all my dogs sleep with me too, my bed's a lot smaller, but then again so are my dogs.

#14 Jacee

Jacee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 11:15 AM

Your dogs are all awesome!!! Aren't they so special and why do you think we love them so???? My dog, Vinny, a bulldog (wish I could post photo...he would make you smile, with only a face a mother could love) is my life.... He weighs 72 lbs and snores, burps and farts but...he means everything to me.... Jacee

#15 Evilwonderwoman

Evilwonderwoman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 26 August 2005 - 02:07 PM

Vinny sounds just adorable.How old is he?

#16 TM34567

TM34567

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,380 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 08:12 PM

oh m'gosh, singinbrowneyes, you have some real dawg kind of dogs! Looks like you really have your hands full! and hmmmm, a 72 lb bulldog that burps & farts - jacee, that is too funny.
Even though I don't have a dog, a lot of people in my neighborhood do. Next door there's a couple of bulldogs and a black lab mix, and a visiting Westie that pops in every now & then. In just a few blocks are people with Huskies, Greyhounds, Pekes, Rhodesian Ridgebacks, Beagles, spaniels, labs, and mutts of all kinds. One woman & her roommate have 4 mixed blend dogs - it's funny when she walks them, they get all tangled up.

#17 kees_lady

kees_lady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,300 posts

Posted 03 September 2005 - 09:30 PM

New to this board. I currently have a Ch. English Cocker Spaniel named "Dan" whose breeder sent over for me to take through OB to get his CD but when he turned 4 it was discovered his sire had PRA so after testing all her dogs and finding Dan had it too, she told me "just get him neutered and he's all yours" so I did just that and now he's registered to me.

My second dog is a Shetland Sheepdog named "Jetz" 'cause he ALWAYS has his 'jets on'. He's a rescue too, bought at 6 wks of age from a backyard breeder, the new owners'son started having violent allergic reactions to him. I work in a pet store and this guy just popped in and asked if we bought dogs, (we don't and never will) so I took him off his hands when he was 8 wks old, now he's 9 months old and if I don't get him fixed this month Dan is going to kill him, if I don't first.

My first dog was a spitz mix named "ChiChi", then came the pugs. "Printz" was first followed by "Kim Su" who electocuted himself by hiding behind a couch and chewing on a cord, he was my baby and I was just a teen, I cried for days.

When I got married my husband and I bought a then unknown breed called The American Eskimo. "Snowy" was a great little apartment dog, never had a day of training but never left the backyard, never barked when someone passed our apt. door unless they stopped at the door. My son and Snowy became the best of friends and I would LOL watching the 2 of them playing in snow, my son, age 3 would fall down and Snowy would plow the snow with her nose until she found him and would dig him out.

My sister is married to a deaf mute and they have owned pugs all their lives. Pugs seem to become natural hearing dogs for the deaf because every one they have ever owned taught itself to alert whenever the door bell rang, the phone rang, the alarm clocked clicked before going off and and would wake my brother-in-law up before the bed would start shaking, and a whole lot of other things hearing dogs had to be taught, but never the pugs.

I left the House of Orange and joined the rebels by getting a Keeshond sight unseen (another rescue) out of Maryland. He went on to become my first Ch. Too many more followed and lived with me to list but in the '80's I was lucky enough to own a Keeshond who made Ch. before he was a year of age by beating out the Champions at dog shows. Atom became 1 of the top 10 Keeshonden in the country two years running, won a HOF issued by the Keeshond Club of America for winning over 2000 other Kees, was bred to the top winning female in Canada and his daughter was the last Kees I owned. When Atom died of cancer I was too dishearted to continue breeding.

Then came the Shiba Inu's, 2 of them. One stole my daughters heart and now lives with her but I get to babysit with Cayenne about 1 week end a month.

I have had a long and happy life with dogs but the Spitz breeds will always be my favorites.

I'm not trying to brag, just wanted to share with all of you my love of dogs and those I have had. I am an avid watcher of the Eukanuba and Westminster Shows and just for fun I sometimes go the our local show.

Jetz is in training to become an agility dog. Dan just plays couch potato with me whenever he can and finds his way around the house by using his other senses and by letting his ears brush along furniture, etc. so I keep the hair long on his ears but the rest of him is clipped short.

Sticks and Stones, Cross skulls and Bones,
None of You can Hurt me.

Cartoons and pictures, Words said in Whispers
The Ramblings of Sick Purple People Eaters.

The best place for you is a place called Bellevue
Where the doctors can try to fix you.

Psychotic drugs, electric shock plugs
Are the best cures for whatever ails you.

When all's said and done and your gray matter's dung
You won't have a brain left between you.

#18 ikcbug

ikcbug

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 September 2005 - 10:39 AM

I am new to all of this so please forgive my ignorance. I'm going to the WKC Dog Show as a 50th birthday present to myself. I purchased reserved seats for both nights thru Ticketmaster. Will this allow me in during the day to see the individual breed judging? If not, what do I need to purchase? Thanks!

#19 TM34567

TM34567

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,380 posts

Posted 05 September 2005 - 08:10 PM

"My sister is married to a deaf mute and they have owned pugs all their lives. Pugs seem to become natural hearing dogs for the deaf because every one they have ever owned taught itself to alert whenever the door bell rang, the phone rang, the alarm clocked clicked before going off and and would wake my brother-in-law up before the bed would start shaking, and a whole lot of other things hearing dogs had to be taught, but never the pugs."
kees_lady, that is amazing. I like watching Miracle Pets - have you ever seen that show? It's about amazing things that pets do, whether it's attacking an intruder to sniffing out a cancer untrained.
ickbug, I'm sorry, but I don't know the answer to your question. Hopefully someone else will.

#20 Farsix

Farsix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 08 September 2005 - 12:21 PM

I have a Pomeranian.

And sorry I don't know the answer to the dog show question either, ickbug.

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved