• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Debbie32101

Debbie32101

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 07:03 AM

What happened to Buddy Jewel, Brad Cotter and Erick Jo? Buddy was on the radio for a while and he even came to towm for a couple shows but you never hear from him anymore. I have never heard from Brad Cotter or Erika Jo? I listen to the country station all the time and have never heard them on the radio.

#2 jsuschck

jsuschck

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 07:44 AM

Miranda Lambert and George Canyon sure have had a lot more success! They were my pics in their respective seasons anyway!

#3 Cutter25

Cutter25

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 09:19 AM

Buddy recorded 2 CDs that sold well. He's had a couple of hit songs, and as far as I know is currently working on his next CD.

Brad Cotter seemed to be a victim of bad marketing and no promotional support from the record company. His debut CD was good, and he showed a lot of talent, but he didn't seem to get a lot of promotional backing from his record company. Not sure what he is up to now.

Erika Jo seemed to fall into the same fate as Brad Cotter. No support from the record company. Personally, I think one reason for her lack of success had to do with some fans being alienated by her. Alot of the Nashville Star faithful were not really impressed with her, and were rooting for other finalists last year.

#4 Lucymac

Lucymac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 09:24 AM

Buddy unfortunately was dropped by Sony. So I doubt that he is working on another CD now but rather trying to get with a new label.

#5 Debbie32101

Debbie32101

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 06:56 AM

That is sad. I really like Buddy Jewel. I din't care for Brad Cotter. Ericka Jo was good. Some of the other people were better But I did go buy her CD.

#6 Tamyra

Tamyra

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 937 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 07:07 AM

Check out Brad's website--he has several dates opening for the likes of Restless Heart and Mark Chestnut--most are out west. He is definately in the rebuilding of his career I would say.

#7 dokeydot

dokeydot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 08:31 AM

I think Buddy Jewel maybe didn't get out there as much as he needed to keep himself visible -- Brad Cotter -- was great at writing but George Canyon should have won -- and Erica Jo was just a mistake -- she did not have the personality to make her a star -- Jason Meadows should have had it -- the only reason Erica Jo won was the show forgot what it was about and allowed the remarks about voting for the underdog (the woman) and get her there - I am a woman and all that proved was they didn't think she had what it took -- I wouldn't by a CD by her -- but Jason Meadows was marketabale and talented. Wrong person just won on at least two of the years -- and although I thought Buddy Jewel was great -- I said Miranda would be the one to make it -- and she is doing OK...don't you think

#8 angelafarek

angelafarek

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 01:37 PM

I know what you mean. I just love Brad Cotter-have his cd-play at least once a week. He is the most talented person to come off this show. The guys now are good, but nothing like Brad. I have e-mailed my radio stations here in Houston, Texas asking them to play his cd. Have not heard it yet! Makes me mad that a talent like his is being wasted. I think he is better than some of the high paid country performers today. Makes no sense at all.

#9 angelafarek

angelafarek

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 01:42 PM

If you listen to Brad Cotter's cd you will see that he is as talented of a singer as he is a writer. He is wonderful. George Canyon was good-but nothing compared to Brad. He can play multiple instruments and is all self taught. Never had a lesson in his life. Truly God given talent!

#10 angelafarek

angelafarek

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 01:45 PM

Yeah! Finally they updated his website!! He is great. A true Southern singer. Hard to come by true talent these days!

#11 justacountryboy

justacountryboy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 02:29 PM

Brad is a gifted singer but he couldn't stay sober enough to do his job. It sounds like he has his prioritys straight now and is doing ok.

#12 mary_4

mary_4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,779 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 03:57 PM

Quote:

I think Buddy Jewel maybe didn't get out there as much as he needed to keep himself visible --

That's not necessarily true. Buddy has and continues to tour heavily. Right now he is taking a little time off spending quality time with his family and is writing... as he told me "I'm writing tons and it's paying off big time." I don't think that he was promoted enough by Sony... we'll see what the future holds... You haven't seen the last of Buddy Jewell... mark my word.

#13 juliemily

juliemily

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 04:13 PM

Post deleted by admin

#14 luckydog14

luckydog14

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,503 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 08:36 PM

Y'all know what I know on Buddy and Brad, so I can't add anything.

Erika Jo will be releasing another single from her first CD. It will be "Strong Tonight". That is due this month, so I guess next Tuesday? Not sure on that date. Things get postponed. They are also in the song picking stage for her second CD. She's still on Universal South.
luckydog

#15 sherrymyra

sherrymyra

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 22 April 2006 - 08:46 PM

Humm. I really like Buddy. I liked his cd before NS best though. Then I liked the next one alot too. But this last one, not so much. Brad. His cd was sooooooo boring. I mean yuk. I was hoping for more. Erica Jo. Not so bad I guess. I was a little surprised she won.

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved