• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 TimS

TimS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 July 2005 - 03:57 AM

I HATE how they changed the original theme song for the second season and on! I LOVED that music after every murder was shown! My brother and I also learned how to play it on guitar and piano. Sounds so great with that acoustic guitar. I just hope they bring back the old theme song to either Season 5 or somewhere in season 4. Does anyone else have any thoughts on this subject as well?

#2 Tami

Tami

Monk Magnet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,279 posts

Posted 28 July 2005 - 12:54 PM

If by "bring back the old theme" you mean use it again somewhere in the body of an episode or at the closing credits, I'm pretty sure they will. The "old theme," or parts/stylized versions thereof, has surfaced many times since it was replaced as the main title theme.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming
that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted
~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

#3 br1ngbackbitty

br1ngbackbitty

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 July 2005 - 04:37 PM

Yeah the original tune was better. It captured the quirkiness and charm of the show and I hope they'll get rid of this off-key thing they have now.

Bring back Bitty

#4 Hypsipyle

Hypsipyle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 July 2005 - 04:46 PM

You can't be serious. That lounge guitar is so sweet, butter wouldn't melt. Randy Newman's "It's a Jungle Out There" is just right for the vagaries of Monk's neuroses.

#5 pinger71

pinger71

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 31 July 2005 - 09:07 PM

I agree that the original theme is better. It has a great sense of optimism. Instrumentals may let the listener create their own lyric unlike the ones penned by Randy "I love LA" Newman.

#6 Aria

Aria

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 31 July 2005 - 10:37 PM

I guess I must be outnumbered....I love both themes, lol. Then again, I'm majoring in music....so it's pretty hard for me to not like something musical =P

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved