• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 NicoleNicholson

NicoleNicholson

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 07:48 AM

I know Ihaven't been around much lately but I just wanted to get this off my chest. I live on a busy road that accesses a highway & yesterday a horrible accident took the life of Michael Loparo. I heard the crash & ran out to see what had happened. From my driveway I could see the cab burning & people were trying to pull Michael out but had to abandon their efforts because of the intense flames. I have had nightmares all night about this poor man & when I woke up this morning the news said he was a hero. He was driving a semi & he would have plowed into a family van packed with kids. Instead he swerved & took the hit himself. I am asking you all to please pray for his family during this sad time.
I am not sure if I will ever get the greusome scene out of my head. A link to the story is below. Thanks for your prayers. http://www.tribunech...e.com/index.asp
Much Love,
Nicole

#2 TexasK

TexasK

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 07:58 AM

I will definitely pray for all the victims and also for you. I was an EMT and so I know what you are envisioning. I'm so sorry.

#3 NicoleNicholson

NicoleNicholson

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 08:06 AM

Thank you so much Kathy! Yes it was horrific to watch them walk away from this man. I know they are truly heros to for trying their hardest. I honestly dont feel like the same person I was yesterday. I asked hubby to make a cross at work today so we can put it up on the new telephone pole. Its the least I can do. I just wish so badly that we could have saved him. Thanks for your prayers Kathy! I am certainly needing them to!
Much Love,
Nicole

#4 Pop

Pop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,781 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 08:47 AM

Oh my, Nichole, what a horrible thing to happen so close and that you had to be a witness the scene. The Hero, his family and you will be in my thoughts...

#5 chitownsinger

chitownsinger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,261 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 09:01 AM

Nicole, I am so sorry! I will be praying for you and all the victims involved!
Land of the Free,
Because of the Brave!

http://www.myspace.com/rbanks

#6 karenewes

karenewes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,926 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 10:16 AM

Oh Nicole! What horrific thing to happen and to witness! My thoughts and prayers go out to all. I am so sorry.

We're off and running...

#7 Hotblonde

Hotblonde

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,297 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 10:33 AM

Bless your little sweet heart. I am very sorry you had to deal with this. May God give you peace!

#8 CactusT

CactusT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,281 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 10:48 AM

I can't even imagine how horrible that must have been for you and all trying so hard to help....to have to walk away. What a selfless man to spare the car with the children!

While reading that article, I found the other one about the teenagers. That was so sad, too. The young man sounded so talented...
My prayers are with you, Nicole and all involved.....

#9 NoSpringChicken

NoSpringChicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,067 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 11:18 AM

I'm so sorry to hear about this and that you had to witness it, Nicole. His family and you will be in my prayers.

#10 Dave

Dave

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 02:03 PM

WOW Prayers

#11 JudyMelissa

JudyMelissa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,962 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 03:45 PM

Hi NicoleNicholson,

From person experience, I know there's not much I or anyone
else can say to help you feel better. Just know that there
are people here who are sending good thoughts your way and
others who are sending up prayers for you, Michael Loparo's
family and the those who tried to save him. I've added you,
Michel's family and those who tried to save him to my
prayer list.

May God Bless You,
~~~Judy Melissa~~~

#12 NicoleNicholson

NicoleNicholson

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 04:38 PM

Thank you so much everyone for all your thoughts & prayers. I really appreciate the feeling of family support that I can always count on here. Thank you for being such a great cyber family that I am honored to be part of.
Much Love,
Nicole

#13 countrygal2

countrygal2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 04:55 PM

Sorry Nicole that you had to witness such a horrible accident like that..
My prayers are with you and Michael Loparo's family..Very sad indeed...

#14 KSFAN

KSFAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 05:23 PM

Sorry to hear this had to happen Nicole and that you had to witness it. Prayers to you and all involved.

Anne

#15 xmaskat

xmaskat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,059 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 06:26 PM

How sad for his family. I am sorry you had to witness something so horrific. I will add to my prayer list.
So much Reality TV, so little time! Currently watching: American Idol, Dancing With the Stars, Celebrity Apprentice, Deadliest Catch, Coal, ANTM, Ru Paul's Drag Race, The Biggest Loser, Top Chef Masters, America's Best Dance Crew, CMT Next Superstar

coming up: The Voice, Hell's Kitchen, Master Chef, So You Think You Can Dance, The Bachelorette, Karaoke Battle USA, America's Got Talent, & Fashion Star.

VCR don't fail me now...

#16 busymom4kc

busymom4kc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 07:45 PM

Our thoughts and prayers go out to everyone affected by this terrible tragedy.

#17 TM34567

TM34567

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,380 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 09:05 PM

The cross is a nice idea. I will include you, Michael, and his family in my prayers.

#18 JaredAshleyFan

JaredAshleyFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 10:31 PM

Nicole! thanks so much for posting this! I live in Trubull county and saw this all over the news and my husband actually was coming thru that intersection right after it happened.. He actually saw the people attempting to get this poor guy out of the truck! He was really shaken up when he got home.. He said it was one of the worst things he has seen in his life.. I know how scarey it can be seeing something like this.. I was on my way home from Nashville in January and I saw a horrific accident on I65 north near Bowling Green Ky.. a semi had hit a SUV that was sitting in the emergency lane. When I saw the SUV and the semi I was literally drawn to tears and all I could think of was there was no way anyone could have survived and I just prayed for them and for a safe trip home, I just wanted to get home safely to my kids and my husband and hug them! Its such a horrific site to see something like that! You and Michael and his family will be in my prayers.. Its so hard to get that image out of your head... God Bless!

#19 Ms_Ellie

Ms_Ellie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 11:26 PM

Father in heaven I pray for Nicole and the family of the truck driver who died in the accident while avoiding hitting a van filled with a family. Lord take this man into your loving arms as well as, enfold his family and all the people who had to witness this terrible event. Give them comfort and strength to get through and take away their pain Lord. In Jesus name, Amen

#20 Karma

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 11:31 PM

Oh Nicole.......I am so sorry to hear. May God Bless than hero and his family.

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved