Advertisement

No Celebrity Endorsement Implied

Photo
- - - - -

What Part of the Puzzle Did Alana Show Us?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 breakalegkl

breakalegkl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 01:19 AM

So --Alana did not know until Tom told her that she was part of a program and could withdraw from the program at her will --We found this out for example when Tom ask her to make the chair disappear. So we have learned that that PFTF (People From the Future) can just swoop in and program Alana whenever they need/want. Since Alana does not know when she is broadcasting their program, then how can Tom trust this situation with her? Even Alana would not know unless she constantly testing her ambient. So this tells there is a lot more to Alana than a mere love-interest for Tom. In fact the PFTF have ran programs on others like how about the tower builders, then Kyle and now w/Alana. Does this mean that their are other 4400 around that have been altered similar to Alana In fact how do we know that this is not the case with IzzBabe.

If Kyle is nailed for JC’s death --then what would this mean for Tom? Tom and Diane are the two top investigators and Tom’s son is arrested for murder --would this not create a conflict of interest. Tom would definitely be removed from his job and possible kicked out of NTAC. So that raises the question; if Tom has been chosen to assist the PFTF achieve their objectives --what will they ask of Tom -when he working outside of NTAC?
~break

#2 werddrew

werddrew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 01:27 AM

Quote:

So --Alana did not know until Tom told her that she was part of a program and could withdraw from the program at her will --We found this out for example when Tom ask her to make the chair disappear. So we have learned that that PFTF (People From the Future) can just swoop in and program Alana whenever they need/want. Since Alana does not know when she is broadcasting their program, then how can Tom trust this situation with her? Even Alana would not know unless she constantly testing her ambient. So this tells there is a lot more to Alana than a mere love-interest for Tom. In fact the PFTF have ran programs on others like how about the tower builders, then Kyle and now w/Alana. Does this mean that their are other 4400 around that have been altered similar to Alana In fact how do we know that this is not the case with IzzBabe.

If Kyle is nailed for JC’s death --then what would this mean for Tom? Tom and Diane are the two top investigators and Tom’s son is arrested for murder --would this not create a conflict of interest. Tom would definitely be removed from his job and possible kicked out of NTAC. So that raises the question; if Tom has been chosen to assist the PFTF achieve their objectives --what will they ask of Tom -when he working outside of NTAC?
~break

Well, I got a few points here.

First, I don't think they'd kick him out of NTAC just 'cause his kid pulled the trigger. I don't think they'd let him investigate the killing but I don't think they'd remove him from his post...

Second, regarding Alana's ability, I think it was more like an innate ability that she didn't know she had. I bet YOU'VE never sat on your bed and thought, "Chair Not Here." Same with her. She had the ability to end the fake world but had to be first INFORMED that it was a fake world, and then convinced that she could do something about it. I don't think the future people are popping in and out to give abilities at convenient times. Otherwise, why abduct 4400, why not just pop in and give abilities where convenient, one at at time?

Third, I think you're right about Alana's ability coming back into play in the future. I don't think they addressed whether she retained the ability or not, so hey, maybe she uses it in the future to pull Tom away from reality when the going gets tough. Just a thought. I like your line of reasoning here though.

#3 breakalegkl

breakalegkl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 02:04 AM

Right your second point is provocative --Alana had to be abducted in order to be physical altered to accept the programming from the PFTF. About the “chair lesson,” Alana learned from Tom that she was capable of manipulating the program. Hmm sort of like shedding a false personal view for her essence. I think this is also when she found out that she was altered by an internal program. This opens my head up to the idea that “the Alana” dressed in white, that Tom found under the sheet, was actually one of the PFTF in the image of Alana. Perhaps this was the way they bonded Tom to the PFTF through his ??love interest (LI). Now the PFTF can use Alana (LI) like a portal to a comfort zone in one of the many “parallel world.” Yeah -I like your POV -thanks ~break

#4 unicorngoddess

unicorngoddess

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 11:27 AM

I think Alana might be used to help more of the 4400 adjust to life. So many people that were gone for a longer period of time had/have a hard time adjusting. If Alana can just create alternate realities for them, they could move on with their lives and therefore use whatever ablities they were sent back with.

#5 werddrew

werddrew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 01:44 PM

Quote:

This opens my head up to the idea that “the Alana” dressed in white, that Tom found under the sheet, was actually one of the PFTF in the image of Alana.

Alana in white (in the room) said specifically, that she (Alana in white) was part of the program. REAL Alana (even in the fake world) has no memory of the conversation in the dark room. The PFTF created a messenger in the form of someone he would listen to.

#6 jilburfm

jilburfm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 04:46 PM

I'm not convinced that Alana's power will continue. We've seen a 4400 only have a power for a short period in order to cause his/her specific ripple. Tess only had the power to compel those around her to build the tower until the power surge snapped the doctor out of his mental state. After that - she was no longer able to control anyone. I think its very possible that Alana's power was simply to provide Tom with an anchor, a support system, to get through the trials that he will face. He'll be in for some hard times if and when Kyle gets busted for shooting Collier.

#7 Echo6111

Echo6111

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 23 July 2005 - 12:54 AM

I would think that Alana's power will continue even if not used all the time. She may be an anchor for Tom in the times of crisis and/or be able to alter or "will away" things that don't go the way the "the people from the future" think it should. Guess I will have to watch the next episode to get a better idea of how she will help him.

#8 breakalegkl

breakalegkl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 23 July 2005 - 04:15 AM

Yo Echo I agree --But consider that Alana can have a new program popped into her by the PFTF at any time and she can act then as a conduit to escape reality. And unless she is constantly testing her ambient she wouldn’t know it. Remember that Tom had to teach her how to escape their alternate reality. I thought she did a good job with the discovery of the photographs.
Tom Baldwin was very good in this episode w/Alana --it will be interesting to see how the storyline of Tom and Alana plays into future episodes. I am also curious to find out what happens w/ both Kyle and Shawn. The 4400 is the best sci-fi I have seen in a long time.
BTW --I really liked the idea that Alana and Tom started out the episode already in the "alternate universe" (AU)
Most AU scenes start the actors out in realtime and them move them into AU. I liked the direction on this. ~break

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved